Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

im getting a mopar cold air intake, but i am confused do i get the mopar or the volant CAI??

the other question is about the cat-back exhuast, wich is better mopar preformance (made by borla) or the magnaflow??

And the bigger question dos it affect the car or waranty of the car ???

thanx :)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
xo4ox said:
hi,

im getting a mopar cold air intake, but i am confused do i get the mopar or the volant CAI??

the other question is about the cat-back exhuast, wich is better mopar preformance (made by borla) or the magnaflow??

It's very much a question of individual preferences for questions one & two, xo4ox.

Which look do you prefer, muscular or refined, intake wise?

And which sound do you prefer. The Borlas may be a tad quieter than the Magnaflows. (I have the Magnaflows, and just bought a 100' roll of FatMat to line the trunk and under rear seat area to reduce resonance apparent at Interstate speeds.)

Neither will void your car's warranty. But the performance items themselves won't be covered by Mopar, even if purchased at and installed by your dealer. Standard industry practice, but nearly irrelevant to most of us.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx Meister for the reply,

i prefer a quite car :), so i should go with the mopar exhaust, but about the intake what is the deferance bitween the volant and mopar?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Mopar CAI

I Love this unit. Have had it on for about four months. Essentially removed any throttle lag issues. (Meister alaos has the throttle body spacer whcih provides even better response)

Looks and sounds great. Have to clean the air filter with the VOLANT BLUE OIL kit to keep it looking that way. I did mine after 3,500 miles.

No impact on warranty unless they can specifically blame any issue on the mod.

I also have the magnaflows (basically same setup as Meister, including Stage II jet chip)

Car is a killer.

Here are some pics

MOPAR CAI

Magnaflows

xo4ox said:
hi,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the info, so thats it i'm going for the mopar exhaust and the mopar cai :).

thanx for your help guys

·
Banned
5 Posts
xo4ox said:
thanx for the info, so thats it i'm going for the mopar exhaust and the mopar cai :).

thanx for your help guys
if you haven't ordered yet, go with DUB~air. It is manufactured by Racing Sports Akimoto in conjunction with DUB magazine. RSA is the first air intake manufacturer, which has the highest flowing air filter and the most durable (polished stainless steel) intake system in the market. Oh, yeah-also, a polished cold air box that seals to the hood.

And if you have the TIS wheels, don't you want to get the best looking intake system with the real licensed DUB name?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know you confused me so is dub better than the others?

·
Banned
5 Posts
xo4ox said:
I dont know you confused me so is dub better than the others?
Well, the DUB intake uses

• the best components
  • looks WAY better than the others
  • Has the highest flowing air filter made with a velocity stack base and inverted top=less air turbulence, higher flow. *Important*The air filter is the heart of an intake system
what is your email, so i can send you some pics/facts/features!

·
Registered
677 Posts
zgarstka said:
And if you have the TIS wheels, don't you want to get the best looking intake system with the real licensed DUB name?

No. Because DUB is played out and slaps their name on anything that moves these days. If you work for DUB do the company a favor and have them grab ahold of their brand management. I see more minivans on hubcap spinners with DUB stickers every day.

In regards to cold air intakes, I wouldn't bother until a programmer is released. They have a detrimental affect on performance on a dyno.

Save the $300. The factory system provides the most horsepower. :wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
rogue said:
In regards to cold air intakes, I wouldn't bother until a programmer is released. They have a detrimental affect on performance on a dyno.

Save the $300. The factory system provides the most horsepower. :wave:
Rogue - With regard to the programmer - is that the Flashpaq that Superchips is coming out with, or something else?

This stuff is new to me, so forgive the simple question...

·
Banned
5 Posts
striker44 said:
Rogue - With regard to the programmer - is that the Flashpaq that Superchips is coming out with, or something else?

I believe the programmer is a chip or programmable chip which changes the computer settings to match the airflow changes of the intake system.

JET is working on producing a chip that is made for DUBair to match each DUBair application.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you know what,,,, i will wait and see what is better for the car and doesent effect it :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
striker44 said:

The superchips programmer will be fine, or any other for that matter. Until we have a way to tune the ECU a bit though, exhaust and intake upgrades wont be fully taken advantage of.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
rogue said:
The superchips programmer will be fine, or any other for that matter. Until we have a way to tune the ECU a bit though, exhaust and intake upgrades wont be fully taken advantage of. (Emphasis mine)
True statement, Rogue, full benefit will come with a programmable chip tuner.

However, xo4ox, you will receive an immediate performance and a dyno-proven power gain if you install both a CAI and a performance exhaust system now. No need to wait.

See here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/pe...5-modding-lx-hemi.html?highlight=Modding+hemi

And check the GIFO2 & GIFO3 threads over at LX Forums.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i'll do it, thanx for the advice :)

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
xo4ox said:
hi,

You have a choice with Borla they have 2 systems 1 yeilds more hp but more noise ok not by much but it's there..the other is probably the most prudent if you do not like interior noise. IMO if you are going down the road boosting your performance on the 300 something has to give ( no pain no gain ). I am confident that Magniflows are also a great way to achive that ultimate goal in performance. Don't discount the other exhaust makers either. Best bet is contact members in your area for a hands on demonstration. 300c members are a willing bunch and they all have pride in there rides and will happily help you in making the final choice. As to the waranty.. it's not supose to, all depends on the dealership. Just make sure that you mantain your vehical according to Chryslers guidlines and make friends with the service managers.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
zgarstka said:
Well, the DUB intake uses...the highest flowing air filter made with a velocity stack base and inverted top=less air turbulence, higher flow. *Important*The air filter is the heart of an intake system...
The design makes sense. It's called the Funnel Ram, for obvious reasons if one checks out the Web pages.

The problem is they apparently don't offer a filter element in sufficient size to complete with existing players. I've tested their 6" filter and lost major horsepower. Their 9" will apparently fit, but has a 6" base diameter vs. the nearly 8" of my K&N so again it may be an unfair comparison and yet another loss on the dyno for the Funnel Ram.

If Racing Sports Akimoto would develop a filter element the dimensions of the K&N RF-1014 with the Funnel Ram top I believe we'd have a winner.

Even with air filters there's no substitute for cubic inches.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts