Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Less then a year ago.

It almost seems as if the rubber weather-proof molding around all the external mechanical components is deteriorating and the residue is washing down when it rains.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Less then a year ago.

It almost seems as if the rubber weather-proof molding around all the external mechanical components is deteriorating and the residue is washing down when it rains.
I had a 2012 until I traded it in on a 2020 earlier this year. It was gloss black so I would not have noticed the stains you see. Can you get them off?

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300S
3 Posts
I have the same thing on my white 300.
It is from a diseased tree which I park under that has a fungus. it gets in everywhere and is hard to get off if is sets too long.
If it was "my" tree, I would take a chainsaw too it :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same thing on my white 300.
It is from a diseased tree which I park under that has a fungus. it gets in everywhere and is hard to get off if is sets too long.
If it was "my" tree, I would take a chainsaw too it :)
Thanks for the reply.

However, I don't park under a tree, and it comes off very easily - luckily.

I'll just keep an eye on it and hopefully it doesn't get worse.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like they are coming from where the handles meet the car body.

The stain lines in the center (between the two ends of the handle) seems like they are drip marks of water that originated at the inside ends of the handle and dripped into the concave inset into the body behind the handle (so there is room for your knuckles) and slide down to the lowest part of the concave before dripping down the rest of the door body.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300S
3 Posts
There would be a light black dust all over the car that washed off fairly easy. But later some black dust would run from under the handles and mirror.

The drip lip inside the trunk was also loaded with the stuff, because I didn't always wash that area when washing the car.

When I hosed out the drip lip, you could see the grey color running down the rear facade.
It would also get under the trim piece on the trunk there the release button is.
If you sprayed the hose up close, you could see it come out.

My issue started this year too. late spring, early summer.

I am in the mid west, near Chicago. It could be dirt from all the politicians mudslinging:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts