Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SRT8 has ver. 4.05 Does anyone have something newer?

I am not able to select different EVIC light sensativity levels like some others are saying they can. My car is at the dealer now being serviced and I will tell him to update the software.

·
Registered
917 Posts
shelsmith67 said:
My SRT8 has ver. 4.05 Does anyone have something newer?

I am not able to select different EVIC light sensativity levels like some others are saying they can. My car is at the dealer now being serviced and I will tell him to update the software.
I have 4.05 too on my 2006 6/05 build 300C. I have seen Version 4.07 on a 2006 300C with a build date of 12/05 at the dealers while I was getting mine serviced. They would not update mine as they said there was no update for my VIN #. Please let us know here if they update yours. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have 4.06. Build date 11/17/05.

To find the software version and a buncha stuff you never knew EVIC could tell you, simultaneously push the two inner lower steering wheel buttons for a long time like 10 seconds. Then a new display will come up. The first screen probably includes the software version. You can page thru other screens with the up/down arrows on the left side steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
593 Posts
4.06 here...built 11/05.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just scoped it out, and I have v 4.07 on a Feb 2nd C. Now I just wish I had the friggin' AD nav disc! The dealership better not be yankin' my clank.

Good night all.
Lee

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks!

The dealer said there was an update, but the software could not be updated for no reason. I told him the auto headlights were on at a 'too bright' setting and that the newer software made this adjustable. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
701 Posts
shelsmith67 said:
The dealer said there was an update, but the software could not be updated for no reason. I told him the auto headlights were on at a 'too bright' setting and that the newer software made this adjustable. I appreciate you help.
Does 4.07 make that adjustable? I'm pretty sure it's not adjustable in 4.06. It would actually be a nice feature.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

What does a too bright setting mean? My auto headlights don't come on unless it is almost black out. Way too late. I am going to ask that this be looked at next time I take the car in. I know that there is a TSB for this, but my car does not fall in the production range for this TSB. My flash version is 4.05.

Phil

·
Registered
701 Posts
shelsmith67 said:
The dealer said there was an update, but the software could not be updated for no reason. I told him the auto headlights were on at a 'too bright' setting and that the newer software made this adjustable. I appreciate your help.
Oh sorry I thought you can adjust how brightly the headlights shine. Guess you still can't. Bummer.

cmego said:
As for the ambient light level that triggers the lights to turn on, I discovered that myself by accident and I posted about it here in January, before the comment on lxforums. See here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/377-access-evic-data-diagnostic-trouble-codes.html reply #41 and following. 4.06 contains this feature and I have the impression that earlier versions do too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So it is correct to say that "your" dealer ship may not update your software for you because DCX says no? Also would updating your software version allow you to hold down the esp to turn it completely off ? Holding does not turn it off in my car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hyprspec said:
So it is correct to say that "your" dealer ship may not update your software for you because DCX says no? Also would updating your software version allow you to hold down the esp to turn it completely off ? Holding does not turn it off in my car.
Obviously I can't answer the question about your dealership or what they will or won't do, but DCX is usually not involved in decisions like that... it's usually the service manager who has control there.

As for the ESP, my CSRT-8 won't disable the ESP and chime (full off, with the message in the EVIC) unless the car is at a full stop, engine running and foot on brake. I can always turn traction on/off while on the fly, but to disable ESP requires being stopped and braked... and then it takes about 8 seconds to get 'r done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, 4.11 here. Build date 3/06.

Not sure if there are any significant differences between all the EVIC software versions. Anyone have any issues with theirs? Can people just have the dealer upgrade to the latest version? Does it matter?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I thought I'd update this thread. My car is a '06 built in May '05. It came with EVIC v4.05 which does not have the headlight sensitivity adjustment. I have had my car at two different dealers trying to get the EVIC updated, to no avail, being told it can't be updated. My headlights have always turned on when it was much darker than I would like, and my outside air temp, has been very sluggish in updating. At the just completed LX Spring Fling a very generous fellow LX'er, Jon W, using his portable Starscan unit, updated my EVIC to version 4.08. With this version, I now have the ability to adjust the headlight sensitivity and it seems as though my outside air temp is adjusting more quickly now. So contrary to what the dealers are telling us some of the earlier versions can be updated. My car does not have the cruise control indicator in the dash, so later EVIC versions that have this feature won't work. Nonetheless, I am very happy with the result, and very grateful to Jon W for his generosity.

Phil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts