Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I need a little bit of information. I need the weight of a stock 18" wheel and tire that came on the 2006 300C's.

I just bought a set of 22" boss 329's and lexani 265/35/22 tires. The rim is 22X9 and the offset is 115. I'm basically trying to determine the loss of performance that I'm going to experience when I switch from the stockers to the new 22"s

I tried to weigh a new rim and tire by hand on my bathroom scale and I got approximately 78-79lbs. That sounds kinda high to me but I have no idea what the stockers weight. Can anyone help me?

Also, can anyone comment on the loss of 1/8th mile or 1/4mile performance with 22's? I know there probably heavier, but these rims are 1.5 inches wider each and are much stickier tires than the stockers, so i'm hoping that the increased traction will negate the added mass.

Thanks in advance!!!:fing02:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Stock wheel & tire weight for the 300C is ~55 lbs. That's 24 lbs for the wheel and 31 for the tire.

Bernie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock wheel & tire weight for the 300C is ~55 lbs. That's 24 lbs for the wheel and 31 for the tire.

Bernie
Thanks! I certainly appreciate your help. Though I am curious as to how you know so quickly lol

Thanks again! Looks like i got about 20 additional lbs of rotating mass per tire. Thats gonna hurt :worried:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks! I certainly appreciate your help. Though I am curious as to how you know so quickly lol

Thanks again! Looks like i got about 20 additional lbs of rotating mass per tire. Thats gonna hurt :worried:
You also have to consider unsprung weight. If you have an 80 lb kid hanging around the house doing nothing, grab him or her (as applicable) by the arms and swing him or her (as applicable) around as fast as you can. You'll soon see how heavy that lazy kid can get. Hopefully you'll realize this before you lose grip and the kid flies through the wall...haha. This is what's happening to your wheels and the effect they have on your brakes and suspension.

If you don't have a spare kid hanging around, maybe a neighbour will lend you his...haha. They'll think it's a game, but if the kid's anything like the ones around me, just let go when you feel a little tired...haha!!!

Bernie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts