Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this "multimedia jukebox" that west coast customs uses? pimp my ride - ?

I dono if you guys have seen pimp my ride, im sur eyou have, theres a few episodes where they show this multimedia jukebox it plays all ur mp3's videos email all this stuff, and its connected to like a touch screen interface...

they put it in this 300c

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Showroom/viewgallery.php?number=1&car=300

if you guys know of what this product is or where to find it, id appreciate it thanks!

·
Registered
351 Posts
laidback,

I cannot remember the name but do a search 'on computers' I'll help look too. There is a member on here who installs them.

The thing is actually a computer for the car. email/internet/high capacity harddrive(s) etc.

·
Registered
677 Posts
They are using a customized interface for Media Engine or one of the many other carputer software packages at Mp3car.com. Geeks have been putting PCs in cars for years now and they are quire high maintenance. I'm actually suprised WCC puts those systems into their customers cars. People have a hard time running their computers properly at HOME let alone in a car. I imagine they have a guy on duty full time to support these units.

I have played with media engine quite a bit, but didn't like the idea of my car stereo crashing while Im driving in traffic REGARDLESS of how cool it may seem. ;)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL - especially if its built on a microsoft platform... lol, but i did like the touch screen ability to select my 80GB of mp3s

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i love everything about it - except i think the factory navigation looks 60000% better then that navigation system...and that....SUCKS! cuz i like this lil computer thing

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok that loooks wayyyyyyy better...now my only questions is, when i take out my navigation unit to put this one in..... how wlil that touchscreen screen fit well in my opening?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts