Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I drive and shut off the car, I have a ticking noise that lasts for a while..Does anybody know what this is?

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I think he's referring to the sound from the exhaust contracting after it's shut off. If that true, it's normal expansion/contraction of the metal, most likely the cats.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
unless your talking about a tick that sounds like its coming from the dash area after shut down. I get that occasionally. So as you can see there are a few ticks :p. Which one are you talking about.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Magnaflow Dual Cat Back exhaust..does that make any difference?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The ticking in mine comes from the speakers. Not sure if it's the way I hooked my amp and aftermarket sound up but it definately comes from the speakers. If I stop kill the car you can hear it and it goes away the second I open the door and aux power is cut. Is this what your referring to?
Thats how mine is, except mine is the factory system. Dont know if its the speakers tho but it definatly stops once the door is open. Funny how everyone has a different tick :p

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Hey, how come the OP never did tell us if the sound is from the inside or outside of the car??? It sure would make things a whole lot easier guessing...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, it's definitely from outside the car!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Exhaust cooling down then. Every car does it, well at least all the ones ive had have.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Sorry, it's definitely from outside the car!
Well then I still say it's the expansion/contraction of your exhaust system and it's completely normal and kinda sexy in its own little way. It's just telling you, "thank you for beating me by driving me like you stole me", and "lets do this tomorrow lover"...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Well then I still say it's the expansion/contraction of your exhaust system and it's completely normal and kinda sexy in its own little way. It's just telling you, "thank you for beating me by driving me like you stole me", and "lets do this tomorrow lover"...haha.

Bernie
Oh brother, Rambit! Don't you think that embellishment is just a little over the top??

Black 300 C, you have to tolerate some of Rambit's fantasies. I do hope your question has been properly answered by at least one of us.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Oh brother, Rambit! Don't you think that embellishment is just a little over the top??

Black 300 C, you have to tolerate some of Rambit's fantasies. I do hope your question has been properly answered by at least one of us.
That's me, I love rellish!!! When I first read that I thought it said "Brair Rabbit"...haha. I don't know, to me there's something sexy in the tick. It's the 3000 degree cats saying, "thanks buddy, now I want to be a really cool hip cat!!!".

Bernie

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I just went out to the garage and tried to record the ticking with my digital camera. I posted the vid on U-tube.
YouTube - Hemi cabin tick

The vid is about 1 minute long but the ticking can only be barely heard during the 18-20 and 26-30 second portion of the vid. Ignore the radio/outerspace noises, I think my camera was making these strange sounds.

I believe the sound is coming from the speakers.
I tried different recordings and couldn't pick up the ticking until I placed the camera over the driver side speaker.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts