·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
NGK Copper all the way!!!
V-Power line to be precise.

NGK is also the choice of the SRT group for use in the 6.1 Hemi.
Hmmm, wonder why the performance arm of Chrysler would choose NGK and not Champion? Maybe because Champion is not a performance plug!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
maybe

maybe they chose Champions because they were CHEAPER?

The bean counter won that one for sure!

There are many brands way better than OE for the regular C, but that bizarre spark pattern means you are better off with a copper based design.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anything but a bosh platnium triple fire,coss fire, mis fire etc! Factory plugs are about the best. Only other ones i would use other wise would be a NGK

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
baloney

Anything but a bosh platnium triple fire,coss fire, mis fire etc! Factory plugs are about the best. Only other ones i would use other wise would be a NGK
Since the stock SRT8 plugs are platinum, what now?

While I have no experience in the Hemi sparkplug area, I have used the Bosch Platinum plus 4's across DOZENS of platforms, imported and domestic, with great success since their introduction. V8, V6, inline 4, boat, even in my street killer roller motor, not a single bad experience, none. I suppose you hate Dexcool, too.

Members here have had success in 5.7's with Bosch plugs. It would be great if you would flag that post with an "In my opinion".

Factory plugs are CHEAP. That's how they're chosen, by price.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Since the stock SRT8 plugs are platinum, what now?

While I have no experience in the Hemi sparkplug area, I have used the Bosch Platinum plus 4's across DOZENS of platforms, imported and domestic, with great success since their introduction. V8, V6, inline 4, boat, even in my street killer roller motor, not a single bad experience, none. I suppose you hate Dexcool, too.

Members here have had success in 5.7's with Bosch plugs. It would be great if you would flag that post with an "In my opinion".

Factory plugs are CHEAP. That's how they're chosen, by price.

I wouldnt run a bosh platnium plus 4 in my lawn mower! Second factory plugs are not cheap? Where do you get this information?I do this for a living.

Chrysler likes champion or NGK period! Bosh platnium,A/C delco rapid fires,etc are garbage!!!!! Snake oil!Stay away! You are probably running a tornado in your intake also and going to tell me you picked up 2 mpg and 30hp.

I dont have a GM nor do i have any experiance with Dexcool. I run Factory mopar fluids and filters except for the oil which is Mobil 1.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am running bosch platinums right now with zero issues. Bought them because there were more expensive than the cheapo ones, but cheaper than the 7 dollar E3's (which have dyno'd up to 7whp gain on certain cars but no one knows if they benefit the 5.7 significantly yet)

From my forum reading, it doesn't seem that different spark plugs benefit stock to lightly modified 5.7's.

I simply chose platinum because they were pregapped (who wants to gap 16 spark plugs?) and last longer than coppers. I noticed no loss or gain whatsoever.

IMHO it is a waste of time to debate the benefits of different spark plugs on stock or mildly modified naturally aspirated engines. Just buy em and put'em on. Put your research time into exhausts or wheels :D

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
wow!

I wouldnt run a bosh platnium plus 4 in my lawn mower! Second factory plugs are not cheap? Where do you get this information?I do this for a living.

Perhaps your lawn mower wouldn't care? I didn't think we were talking about lawn mowers. And if you think costs don't rule the auto industry you are truly mistaken! Most factory parts are better engineered than aftermarket, but only those made "in house". The subcontracted parts are bought from the lowest bidder in most cases.

I also do this "for a living". I am formerly NIASE certified and have worked in a dealership, but I also maintain my own fleet of service trucks and personal vehicles. Bought my first car in 1972, back when plugs mattered!

Chrysler likes champion or NGK period! Bosh platnium,A/C delco rapid fires,etc are garbage!!!!! Snake oil!Stay away! You are probably running a tornado in your intake also and going to tell me you picked up 2 mpg and 30hp.

Wow! We went a long way off topic there. Your opinions are your own. All I asked you to do is label it as opinion. I hope the insults help you to express yourself, but the typewritten word is a difficult medium for many.

I dont have a GM nor do i have any experiance with Dexcool. I run Factory mopar fluids and filters except for the oil which is Mobil 1.
Hmmm, I remember someone just like you raving about putting Bosch in my fleet 3500 Savana's. They were wrong, too. Do you know that if I put Mobil 1 in one of my flat tappet lifter cars it can destroy the cam/lifters? I won't keep a bottle of that crap in my shop! And Dexcool can destroy your engine! Except mine, which run forever on it! One has 300000 miles!

The only reason I am replying is I don't want some Newbie to read what is contained in this thread and come to a completely erroneous conclusion.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well then the only thing i can offer the potential "newbies" would be that in my 14 years of working on chrysler products I find that Champion and NGK run the best in chrysler cars/trucks. This is strictly my "OPINION" based my experience. However i can not form a valid opinion of how Bosh plugs run in other makes/models.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
LOL your a chrysler tech correct? And if so i know you've had to come across secondary ignition problems caused by Bosh,autolite or other plugs.
Nope, not a service tech here, just a common dog...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
again?

LOL your a chrysler tech correct? And if so i know you've had to come across secondary ignition problems caused by Bosh,autolite or other plugs.
Once again it's just one small word. Change the "caused" out for a "maybe"? The plugs were blamed for the problem, but that's hardly proof. I heard the same thing from GMC techs about Bosch plugs!

We have Mr. Incredible running platinum plus 2's and Landonelf running Bosch platinums as well, both with NO PROBLEMS! Seems like they do work after all.

I hate the "I heard" stories. I once heard that dealerships were the WORST place to get work done on a car. Should I quote that as fact? Nope. I will give you credit for trying to inform us of what you believe to be a threat, but we may not need saving.

Let me tell you, the fact that you are in a stealership offers no credibility to most owners. That is the number one place to get misinformed!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Once again it's just one small word. Change the "caused" out for a "maybe"? The plugs were blamed for the problem, but that's hardly proof. I heard the same thing from GMC techs about Bosch plugs!

We have Mr. Incredible running platinum plus 2's and Landonelf running Bosch platinums as well, both with NO PROBLEMS! Seems like they do work after all.

I hate the "I heard" stories. I once heard that dealerships were the WORST place to get work done on a car. Should I quote that as fact? Nope. I will give you credit for trying to inform us of what you believe to be a threat, but we may not need saving.

Let me tell you, the fact that you are in a stealership offers no credibility to most owners. That is the number one place to get misinformed!

I dont really feel the need to change "caused" for "maybe". The problem was verified when i installed the proprer spark plugs.

I really dont care about how you or other members view my credibility. Im here to offer my opinion based on my experience just like everyone else.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have been using the NGK Iridiums. I have seen no performance difference and little gas MPG gains. At $7 per plug ----I won't do it again. Stock plugs for me in the future!!!!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I have been using the NGK Iridiums. I have seen no performance difference and little gas MPG gains. At $7 per plug ----I won't do it again. Stock plugs for me in the future!!!!
Back to the OP's original question of what plugs are recommended for his 300C! I think the overwhelmng concensus of all the various threads in the past has been to use the OEM replacements. The old thread I linked to above seems for the most part to confirm this. There are many others as well. I don't even think there's anything to prove performance gains or gas savings using iridium plugs. To me it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a bigger spark if all the gas is being burned effectively as it is with the copper core plugs.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 34 Posts