Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so if I wanted to take my '06 5.7 and make the suspension and brakes identical to the srt-8, what parts are needed? More accurately, how would you go about getting the parts? Can I take them from any '05-'10 lx srt donor car? What about the brakes from a GC SRT? What are all of these parts called anyway? I have searched but didn't find much. Maybe there is a thread on this already? I bet silver06hemi has already done all this eh?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
562 Posts
Can't use the brakes from a GC SRT
From what I can remember at this hour...
shocks, springs, rotors, spindles, calipers, pads, brake lines, sway bars

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Shocks and springs can be swapped, done all the time. It will firm up your ride and even lower your car something like 3/4" of an inch. These can be had, with the top hats for the fronts, for anywhere from $250-400. Look here, on LXForums, and if you are on Facebook there are plenty of groups and as a matter of fact some people have them for sale now. Sway bars are also a little thicker than your 5.7 to, your 5.7 should have what Chrysler calls "Touring suspension" basically made for comfort.

Brembo's can be swapped as well. There is a great write on LXForums on how and what is needed. Basically you will need EVERYTHING from the spindle to the rotor, there is a modification needed for the rear dust shield, simple to do cut off a section. The whole swap usually runs around $1200, and like its said, its best to get the swap with the spindles and all. It makes it easier, than grabbing calipers, then looking for spindles which are usually pricey by them selves! Keep in mind your stock 18s will not fit over the brembo's. I have also read that some stock 20's will not fit either. One of them being the Challenger chrome clad rims....

Parts from a Challenger should work on your 300c to.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Good advice above....

SRT suspension has heavier sway bars front and rear, heavier tension struts, 1/2-3/4" lower and slightly thicker coils and different struts with different dampening rates. Combined with a different steering rack and you've got a different handling car...changing the coils and struts will tighten things up, lower you a bit and make you smile if you don't want a big drop, tension struts will also help stiffen this up and not wear out as fast!

Brakes should be off Charger our 300 for an easier fit and Chally calipers and rotors will. Key is you need front and rear spindles as well as rotors and calipers to complete the swap, these are not the same on the Cherokee. They are also hard as Hell to find if not in a package (and expensive!)... you will have to cut the dust shields a little as well or replace with SRT ones...(save $50 and do the cutting!)...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fantastic information. Thanks all. I think I have found these all as a package so I just need to get to it. Let me explain what I am doing and why, as I think some of you might have additional thoughts/advice based on this: I am currently running Pedders struts/springs/bump steer kit and although they do lower the car and significantly firm up the handling, it feels a tad too harsh and a little bouncy whereas when I have driven a few 300srt's and they felt more planted, slightly more forgiving and overall just felt better as a package. I also currently have the stock 20" srt wheels so I think I am in a position to compare the ride. Oh, also have razors edge front strut tower brace and hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Hoping these an all stay? What about the difference noted in the steering mechanicals? Would I notice this difference too? Thanks again for the replies. This forum rocks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Without some modification the SRT steering rack in a non SRT cat had proved to be a bugger to get aligned in some cars and impossible in others...it's not worth the change. The SRT tension struts will help you and might be worth an upgrade. If your pedders is too harsh, which I have heard before, then you are probably looking into the next best thing with the SRT coils and struts... you will lose some drop though. If you want to spend a few more bucks if say the best way though it's through the use of a set of good coilovers, you will get the drop and the look combined but they get up there. If your not interested in dampening and don't race on a track then you could look to street edge for coilovers...decent ride, selectable drop and a good price. Just a thought...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm getting ready to install SRT8 springs and struts on my car as well, but they didn't come with the "top hats" - can I reuse the ones off my "C" struts without issue?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Reactions: RDT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts