Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long,long while for me as life became crazy. How is everyone? Whats new?

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Still alive and well across this side of the pond. Rolling same car, with extra goodies bolted on AMG 8 pots at the front and 6 pots just being installed as we speak. Hows the ride these days, any new mods?

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly I sold it a couple years ago for a Corvette ( and to this day miss that car so much- can honestly it was best car I ever owned after I did all my mods. My vette is beast with it's mods and in a whole 'nother stratosphere but still not the same. I added a Challenger R/T+ to the stable as test. It's actually not a bad ride in itself.
I had a dream to retire early to the Mexican Carribean. I slaved away and last year bought my place. Sadly I'll sell all before I go in 2 years so'm I'm enjoying what I have till then. Can't believe I stayed away so long. It sure seems like site has slowed down

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Yes, it definitely feels like things have slowed down. I think folks are now switching over to the newer Hellcat and then leaving 3CF for Facebook and the Hellcat forums. Mines reaching 98k, still strong and not missed a beat. I reckon I'll be keeping her, it's been in the family since 2010, seen the family grow so it's more of sentimental value than anything. These old skool rides are so much fun to have, my latest mod, 390mm with 8 pots at the front. I'm working on the rears, getting a massive 6 pots with 390mm rotors making it biggies all round. Plus I'm removing the foot operated brakes and installing electronic hand brake. Lots of fun.
20191103_160134.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang. She hurt when ya stop?Only 98k? She's a baby still. Good call on keeping her too.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Thanks buddy (y)

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well like I said. I miss mine all the time. A bit ago I was looking thru her baby pics to adulthood. I loved how every little or big thing made her more mine. Post me up from pics too please. I remember ya from the old days :)

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jewel 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
That a nice vette, you can import it to Mexican Carreabean, looks nice

Here's mine in the link below, good ol'days. They are old photos but she's had a few additional mods since then.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More trouble than it's worth. beside's no speed shop's there who could work on it.
Dang you have a sweet ride. Some fantastic photo's that would make awesome poster's there. 🤟.
Very well done !!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Cheers buddy (y)

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Hey yamabob! I took some time out of the Mopar family too. Ended up moving from the UK to Australia, almost move to the US a couple years back and recently bought a new 2019 300 SRT, luckily we still get them in Australia.

Real glad to be back in a Hemi though!

Stef

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stef!! Hello again, Sweet ride there.Love the wheels
Austalia.Wow. hows the change been? for Business or "just to get away"? In about 2 I'll be moving myself to another country. In my case I think I better start learning their language

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Yeah it's been good. Going from England to Oz wasn't too much of a shock, language the same, driving very similar including being on the correct side of the road ;)

We just wanted a lifestyle reset, UK wasn't agreeing with me health wise for some reason and since moving down under that has been fixed. Plus here we get a longer season of usable weather. Additionally since relocating I've been able to travel across Asia Pacific for work, right now I work for a California based company and cover the whole of Asia Pacific and Japan plus regular trips to the US and elsewhere so that's good with me.

Where are you heading to eventually, Mexican Caribbean?

Nice 'Vette by the way, a mate of mine back in England bought one not long ago.

Stef

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah sounds like you're getting along quiet well. Glad to hear any health issues are improved as well.
Sounds like a good gig ya have traveling around to exotic locals.
Those Aussie's are crazy. In a good way that is. Guess you're fitting right in. Good long periods of nice weather have become mandatory for me as I'm tired of the snow and ice and just crappy weather.
Yep Mexican Carribbean. Last year bought a place in the town of Tulum . No homes are on the beach but I'm a couple minutes by bike. A much healthier lifestyle as walking a biking are a big part of it( swimming and snorkeling don't hurt either).
I'll miss the vette I think. It's been umm slightly modified :eek:.Wicked fast.Amazing how easy it is to get big power out of those LS motors.Just picked up and R/T Challenger to go along with it. Gotta say it's a pretty nice ride. After all the mods done on my C i forgot the performance level of the stock Hemi. Hard at work looking at upgrades.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Yeah, all good down under. I like working for a US company as I get to go to stateside quite a bit, next trip is San Diego in Feb.

I switched to GM for a while, had a couple of Vauxhall VXR8's, HSV Commodores down here and I think very similar to the Pontiac G8 that you guys would have had for a few years. Both LS motors, first was an LS2, second was an LS3 with a Harrop 1900 supercharger, was stupidly quick but let down by the auto box. Then when I emigrated I ran a Holden Commodore for a while, this time with a 6.0L L98. Did 4 wheel drive via an FJ Cruiser and then a Ford Ranger but started to miss my V8 and the Hemi sound. Got to say the 6.4L with the 8 speed is really sweet!

Chargers, Challengers etc. are really expensive here. You can buy a brand new Camaro from the SS to the ZL1 but again, as they have to be converted to RHD, they are really expensive, AUD$160K - USD$110K

Tulum, very nice, never been on the Caribbean side of Mexico, been to Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific side.

Stef

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been a while since I've been to San Diego but it is or was pretty sweet. All those trees where planted.
You are correct about the old Pontiac being based off the Commodore.G8's used to always try and run my C. I pity the fools. Stock for Stock they were a tick quicker than the SRT depending on the model. Then they brought out the GTO which was an insult to the original design.
Yeah west coast and the Yucatan are worlds different. I walk outside our building and the jungle is right there. You can hear the monkeys waking up ( I like to bike to the beach around 3:30 and wait for the sunrise- weird hearing the monkeys rusting in trees as the jungle is directly behind the beach). On the rare occasion I've seen some Toucan's as well. The Mayan ruins of Tulum are 6-7 minute bike ride away. Pretty spectacular in the morning

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Yeah west coast and the Yucatan are worlds different. I walk outside our building and the jungle is right there. You can hear the monkeys waking up ( I like to bike to the beach around 3:30 and wait for the sunrise- weird hearing the monkeys rusting in trees as the jungle is directly behind the beach). On the rare occasion I've seen some Toucan's as well. The Mayan ruins of Tulum are 6-7 minute bike ride away. Pretty spectacular in the morning
Sounds awesome, I haven't been to the Caribbean for years, we used to go to the Dominican Republic a lot, but its a bit of a trek from Australia!

Stef

1 - 18 of 18 Posts