Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allrighty guys, may 17th theres a "race the clock" at a local track. i want to take the 300c out there and see what she runs. now the car is a '06 AWD hemi 100% stock other then 20" wheels. so what should i expect in the 1/4mile? i was thinking mid-high 14s? i'm just curious before i head out there.

and for an idea heres what the car did this winter w/a full tank of gas and 4 ppl in the car..dunno if it helps at all or not.
YouTube - 0-60 chrysler 300c AWD

·
Registered
224 Posts
mid 14s at 96 or 97 sounds about right for 300c on 20s. as for the awd, I dont really know, but you should have a nice 60 foot time.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
14.7" with 20s
14.5" with stock 18s

Are you offering prizes to who comes closest?

P.S. Remember to lose the spare and jack and run with 1/4 tank of gas.;)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Yesterday in the UK I did 14.2 @98mph in my 5.7,20 inch wheels 3/4 tank of gas and a 1/2 full trunk and he temp was 80.Stock motor with predator running 93cai tune,the scariest moment was against a full blown skyline but I beat it,only just tho

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant wait, it is this weekend i need to get the car friday and detail it to get it ready for the show, and run some gas out of it...what a terrible thing to have to do haha :p

i'll have my friend take a few vids and post'em up!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
UK CHRYSLER 300C...Way to represent. Your kid must have been beaming from ear to ear after watching dad take out the trash. I'm sticking with my 14.7" guess for AKawd as your times shore up my estimate. The AWD is 250 lbs heavier (.25") and your 93 octane tune is probably good for .3" so 14.2" plus .55" equals 14.75".

AKawd...So what about the prizes? Are you really giving away a Predator to the winner?:fing02:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha no! i dont have any prizes...maybe some cookies if i decide to bake lol!

i'd kill for a predator! :)

i cant wait for my very first track experiance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
1/4 mile in south Louisiana

Pure stock my 300C Heritage Edition convertible ran 14.2-14.5 @102 + or -. With CAI and Diablo Sport Predator it's running 13.9 @ 105+ routinely, and has yet to post its best time/speed. Lots of tire spin if I don't ease it off the line, so I think it'll run 13.7s or 13.8s with stock tires. With sticky tires, probably 13.4-13.5 @ 106+. :) That baby sings! What a car. I get 23-24 mpg driving 60-65, with 91 octane setting and hard shifts. Pretty good econo car to weigh over 4,000lbs and have 345 h.p. :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i did it today, i'll make a whole post later with pics from today with vids and such..

but i ended up running 14.7sec at 93mph my best time...turns out my reaction time sucks!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Pure stock my 300C Heritage Edition convertible ran 14.2-14.5 @102 + or -. With CAI and Diablo Sport Predator it's running 13.9 @ 105+ routinely, and has yet to post its best time/speed. Lots of tire spin if I don't ease it off the line, so I think it'll run 13.7s or 13.8s with stock tires. With sticky tires, probably 13.4-13.5 @ 106+. :) That baby sings! What a car. I get 23-24 mpg driving 60-65, with 91 octane setting and hard shifts. Pretty good econo car to weigh over 4,000lbs and have 345 h.p. :biggrin:
Are you actually doing this at a NHRA certified and timed track, or with some type of in car instrument?

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
so i did it today, i'll make a whole post later with pics from today with vids and such..

but i ended up running 14.7sec at 93mph my best time...turns out my reaction time sucks!
I think I should get a prize...at least honorary acknowledgment. :) I hope you had fun. I look forward to your writeup.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha yes midnight you hit the nail on the head i'll say! i think i might have been able to get a tad more out of it if i had taken some weight out and had a better reaction time haha but i was pretty happy with what it laied down.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont let it get to you, weather, car temp, sea level..ect will make a differance. coulda just been a bad day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got beat by some beefed up 5.0 :pat: and a maxima:pat: :pat:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like you may need a preditor!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts