Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to arm myself when I go to the deal and to be prepaid for any pushback on there part. Now I have a 2007c with 22k on the clock and I have a little rust spot on the roof. now I bought this car about 1k ago and I didn’t notice the rust on the roof. how is it possible that a car with no visible damage (rock chipping the paint) get rust. I have 20 year old BMW with no rust on it. How do I get the deal to fix that.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
It's hard to tell without a pic of the rust damage, but as long as it's not caused by external damage it should be covered by the rust through warranty. Do you have any pics?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Agree with Rambit... sounds like you'd still fall under the 3yr/36k miles, assuming it was properly transferred (if possible). Otherwise, you might fall under (or out of) the 30 days/1k miles most of our local dealerships and car lots have as the min. required warranty for what they sell used.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also ive never had a car with a factory warrantee, do I just take it to the nearest Chrysler dealer? do i need to call them first? ill post pictures of the rust after work.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Also ive never had a car with a factory warrantee, do I just take it to the nearest Chrysler dealer? do i need to call them first? ill post pictures of the rust after work.
For this issue just take it in for them to have a look at it. The service department will have a look at it and most likely have their body shop do the same.

Bernie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts