Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking of buying a 300c for some time now and it seems I have found 4 at a couple of dealers. I should have no prob getting financed but what should I look to pay tax, title, lic. out the door? I have searched a few forums and haven't come up with an answer. I'm not an employee of dmc or a friend or family of one. I'd appreciate any insight so I can get a decent deal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You may have to pay MSRP right now but you could still possibly get the 1K rebate for financing through Chrysler. Some folks are paying 1K ++++ over MSRP to get one off the lot. You can get one usualy around invoice price (look at edmunds or KBB.Com to figure the invoice) if you order it but the wait is long right now. I waited about 14 weeks but got a GREAT deal so...I didnt need a car and the wait was ok. I just put it in the back of my mind that someday it would arrive. Now Im Happy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tax,Title and Lic. should add about $2600-$3000 onto the MSRP. There are factors to consider because not every town has the same tax rate and if you are considering trading in another vehicle that elimates some of the taxes.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I agree with Blue.
Find the invoice price and then go from there. If you're willing to travel, I'd also say expand your search for the best price. I ordered mine in July and the MSRP has risen a grand.

Best of luck

·
Registered
477 Posts
sticker price

lordkevork said:
So the sticker price is what most are paying? I see the sticker on the one I was looking at is 38065.
i paid sticker on may 22,2004 ($38,640). if you wait until next year probably get it cheaper.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
lordkevork,
If you work for a large corp. see if they have any purchasing agreements with Chrysler. My company offers the same price as FFP, I ordered a "C". I have not found one dealer who will honor FFP or any major discount and drive off the lot.
Call every dealer in your area or farther out. You'll be surprised on the price variation.
Send out for internet quotes, they tend to be better and save the haggling.
I would say that if you drive off the lot paying list you did pretty good. I fyou ordered you shuold pay less than list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the advice. I think I will wait it out a little longer if I can't get below list. I'm driving my SS Silverado so that should keep me happy while i wait. Maybe I will shop through the internet also. While I'd really like to have this car tomorrow I just can't pay list with ttl at over 40k. Still may be a good deal for some but I never get attached to any of my vehicles and will probably only keep it a year or 2 so it wouldn't suit me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
lordkevork - You can find dealers that will order one for you and you pay invoice price. Thats what I did as I was in no hurry to get one as its a second vehicle. I have never paid more than $100 over invoice and wasn't about to on this vehicle either. Its not really the money, its the principal to me. You can find invoice prices several places on the net. My numbers matched up exactly with there system as I was sitting next to him when he was entering the order.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you have access to this forum you have access to what is a fair price through many web sites like KBB.Com and Edmunds. Someone said earlier that the dealers use the same old tactics. I think thats true. They work because too often deals are made on impulse and gotta have it feelings. Also many people need the car they are looking at to get kids to school and themselves to work. This car is a little different though. At the price point of the C people arent in a rush unless its driven by emotions. James Jefferson wanted it now and paid sticker. Others wanted it but have three other cars in the garage so...they ordered for A LOT less. The dealers are in a tough spot too. People want to see the car and they cant show it. If someone wants to pay 5K over MSRP more power to the dealer. Its the only great deal he will make on the car untill they are available on the lots. Then they will be selling for 2K belowMSRP or with oodles of incentive / rebate money. So if you gotta have it today expect to pay. If you can put this into perspective and deal with a cool head youll pay less. My pet peave here is that with so relatively few cars on the road, why isnt DC hounding us who have it to get feedback on problems/ideas/etc. They could be building a sales force of owners from this initial run who would be die hard perveyors of the great service the DC company is now. The car is great with some minor flaws acceptable in the past american auto market...however DC could take over and turn around decades of bad perseptions by giving us all true PREMIUM after the sale care. Id love them to contact ME and say hey new customer, at 3000 miles bring it in for the oil change and we will run the star scan just to make sure you have the latest upgrade...and so on. That would make a world class car company, and one that could up the price of this car by 5K easily in a year. People would pay for that type of service attitude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts