Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the SRT-8 from the midwest and need to transport it to the west coast , hopefully, in about a month. Wondering if any of you have used a transport that you can recommend? Also, do you think I need to get an enclosed truck or is an open one ok? Cost difference is about $500 I think.
In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I'll end up with some shady outfit and after they pick up the car, I won't ever see it or them. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
qictrk said:
Ordered the SRT-8 from the midwest and need to transport it to the west coast , hopefully, in about a month. Wondering if any of you have used a transport that you can recommend? Also, do you think I need to get an enclosed truck or is an open one ok? Cost difference is about $500 I think.
In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I'll end up with some shady outfit and after they pick up the car, I won't ever see it or them. :eek:
I've used Intercity Lines a couple of times in the last year and was greatly impressed with the company management and the delivery drivers. I can readily endorse them and suggest your check them out at www.intercitylines.com. They have a lot of good info on their site.

For the slight increase in price for the enclosed trailer (Intercity only uses enclosed units) it's well worth it for your new baby... especially for going half way across the country! I paid about $1500 each for two deliveries from the New England area to Colorado. Delivery time was about 10 days, but this will vary somewhat with their pickup and dropoff routing schedules.

·
Registered
440 Posts
qictrk said:
For $1,500 I'll drive it there for you, seeing it's an SRT I'll do it for return air fair.

·
Registered
679 Posts
indyCoder said:
For $1,500 I'll drive it there for you, seeing it's an SRT I'll do it for return air fair.

you are a smart man...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Dan SS2471 said:
I'll do it for 1,499.00 :D
you are a smarter man ...

·
Registered
856 Posts
SRT8/BMW said:
you are a smarter man ...
Thanks. ;)

On a serious note. Whoever you choose to go with, you should opt for the enclosed trailer. And they usually offer insurance which will cover any - eek - damages. The thought of shipping scares the crap out of me only because of the inherant nature of those outfit's tendency to not give two you-know-whats about your vehicle. But, sometimes you gotta just put faith in other people.

Check out Dependable Auto Shippers - www.dasautoshippers.com. They offer a wide variety of options and they'll give you an immediate quote which is good for 30 days or so.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
qictrk said:
Do you mind sharing where you're getting your car from?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yup, enclosed shipping is best.
Otherwise, make sure yours is on THE TOP rack..., no sense having a '62 Austin Healey dripping oil down on your new ride all the way past the Mississippi.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have used intercity to drag my corvette hither and yon. Same excellent service every time. They are expensive, but resonable consicering what you get! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I used an open carrier when I first moved out to the Midwest from Cali about 7 years ago. They destroyed the hood and top of my mustang. AND since the company made a mistake and gave the driver a bad number, when he couldn't reach me, he dropped it off at a tow yard!!! NEVER [email protected][email protected][email protected]!

DO NOT SHIP YOUR SRT-8 OPEN CARRIER! I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH YOU WILL COMPLETELY REGRET IT FOR THE MONEY SAVED!

I have since shipped several cars in enclosed carriers and have been nothing but impressed. Every time my car is sitting with a Lambo, or Austin Martin, or Bentley (must of been where my affinity comes from) and would not go any other route, ESPECIALLY on an 05' SRT-8.

Good luck and the extra money will be worth the reduced stress.

·
Registered
91 Posts
qictrk,

I am doing exactly the same thing. I asked my dealer if they could arrange for shipping and they are having it shipped directly from the factory to a local dealer that I chose who will do the prep etc. Only cost me $250 and they even called the local dealer to notify them of the arrangements and everything is set. Might want to ask your dealer if they will do the same for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts