Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What are you rolling on?

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
...I went with the 20 & not 22's for a simple reason... I love driving my car. What good is it to drive on 22's if you're always avoiding pot holes, worried about things like that.... so I chose the 20's...
okays!: no0b question: why would i be more concerned about potholes with 22s than i would be with 20s? seems to me the smaller your wheels are, the more !BANG! you'd get for your buck (not in a good way)...because the deeper they'd drop into any given hole.

or do you put deeper tires (i.e., wider sidewalls) on the smaller wheels, resulting in the same outer diameter, tread-to-tread, but more of it's rubber so you have more cushion?

large-diameter wheels with sidewalls about 1 inch deep never did appeal to me...looks funny to me, like a car mounted on on bicycle wheels. but then, i started my growing-up process in the '60s, when the epitome of "cool" was very, very different from what it is today... ;)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
just ordered a set of 20x8.5 Lexani CSS-16 All Matte Black wheels fitted with Pirelli Pzeros for my all-black baby.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
I'm rolling on round ones mainly... :)

Stock SRT 20's on 275's.... fighting the good fight every time I hit the loud pedal.

·
Administrator
13,065 Posts
Stock SRT8's with powdercoat:

I bent one about two weeks ago :( and will have to replace it. I might try some 22 FR's. :)

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Rollin' on chromed 5 spoke SRT forged 20 x 9 inch wheels taken off, I believe, a 2006 Charger.

My 2008 DUB Edition came with these style wheels stock, 20 x 8.5 inch, and I really loved them, so I put them on my 2012. The 2008 wheels were cast aluminum. I went with the SRT wheels on my 2012 because they are forged. Lighter and stronger.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
20x8.5 Lexani CSS-16 All Matte Black 5x115s (whatever all that means) ::biggrin::

(and they're not very matte...at least not when my car wash guys are done with them)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rollin' on chromed 5 spoke SRT forged 20 x 9 inch wheels taken off, I believe, a 2006 Charger.

My 2008 DUB Edition came with these style wheels stock, 20 x 8.5 inch, and I really loved them, so I put them on my 2012. The 2008 wheels were cast aluminum. I went with the SRT wheels on my 2012 because they are forged. Lighter and stronger.

I've been looking at 1st gen wheels. Do the oem TPMS from these wheels work on 2nd gens or did you buy new ones?

I asked because I came from a Ram and 09-12 TPMS don't work on 13+ and vice versa. Different frequencies.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I don't think that the 1st gen sensors work in 2nd gen cars. I'm not sure though. I purchased new sensors because I put winter tires on my stock 20" wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Above is correct.... 315mhz vs 433mhz vs blah blahmhz... Best way is to match them exactly or order for year of your car.

Reactions: pw300c

·
Registered
156 Posts
Chrome 18" OEMs off a 2010 300 RWD on the AWD lady. The TPMS worked too.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 163 Posts