Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is getting a car so I would like to ask your opinions.

Both models are 2014

Bmw 435i xdrive coupe (2door)- 300hp v6 - at the dealer
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4matic (4 door)- 355hp v4 - 6-8 month waiting list

Both cars will be fully optioned so I wonder what would be your choice guys?

I know cla 45 runs faster than the bmw and they are not equal. AMG will be handcrafted while bmw is not. BMW is more expensive though.

So I wonder what lx guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I drove the CLA before getting my V. I actually REALLY liked it which was a surprise with the turbo 4 and all. How the AMG engineers made a 4 banger sound respectable is impressive and how they keep it from exploding with that giant turbo is more so. VERY fun to drive and I liked the seats and most of the interior with the exception of the horrid nav/radio screen that looked like a crappy addon from a blind stereo shop installer. Other negative to the Benz is absolutely ridiculous maintenance costs to keep the warranties intact. Still, would take it over the BMW.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well from the videos I've seen I should tell bmw is a normal car but cla 45 is a race car which does 0-60 in 4.2 sec with a v4, same time as bmw m5.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
CLA ALL THE WAY!!! More bang for your buck! (I honestly don't like Beemers anyway, but that's an unbiased opinion--can't lose w/ the CLA)

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
The first time I tried to keep up with a 2002 in the alps back in 68 I could not believe how well they handled. The ultimate driving machine is something BMW takes seriously. BMW all the way, everyday.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
First, remember it's her car so let her pick it.

Secondly, if she's an immediate gratification sort of person, the BMW will be her choice.

Thirly, remember it's her car so let her pick it.

(I'd personally prefer the Benz but it ain't my car to pick. :D)

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Soooooooo true, I tried to steer my wife away from a PT Cruiser but she just had to have the yellow one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

We went with the CLA 45 AMG even we need to wait till march 2015. Such an amazing car and to own a handcrafted amg engine.. Sorry but you can't beat that bmw.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
No comparison. The CLA AMG would be my choice. The choice really is a bit subjective and it depends on what you want personally. If you want a more sporty feel, better acceleration, and arguably a better interior, the CLA AMG is a better car. Any car with an AMG badge on it is a special car. A car with a 355 hp turbo 4 banger is a special car! There is nothing special about the BMW, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Benz all the way. This is not even a fair comparison. If it was my choice, BMW would not even be in the comparison, although Audi would.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Although I would take an M5 or 6 it would not be over any current AMG model car.
Especially that E63 AMG S!!! Thing's a BEAST!!! Blows the M5 away in a documented comparo... Hey, Jetblak6.1, wanted to make note of the fact that your SRT sure damn looks like a Bentley @ first glance! Had to do a triple take before reading your profile...lol Bet a lot of heads turn when you come around...especially in TX!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Especially that E63 AMG S!!! Thing's a BEAST!!! Blows the M5 away in a documented comparo... Hey, Jetblak6.1, wanted to make note of the fact that your SRT sure damn looks like a Bentley @ first glance! Had to do a triple take before reading your profile...lol Bet a lot of heads turn when you come around...especially in TX!
Anything with the DOHC 6.3 is magical wither N/A or boosted. She gets her fair share of lovers and haters but you've got the idea. Thanks bro!

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
I like the CLS63 AMG. I looked em up on MB USA... price $99,000. Then I looked em up on MB Australia.... price $279,000 drive away. Yeah, I'll drive away alright.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
What they pocket in the USA..... plus 180k on top of that. Lets call it an 'Australia Tax' that Merc and the govt pocket...... because they can. The sad part about it is we're so conditioned to it that I look at a brand new AMG CLS63 for 100k and it almost feels as if they're giving them away. lol.

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
We're the idiots. We keep paying it so they keep charging it

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Wow... You guys need to boycott...'cause that's freaking ridiculous!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts