Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we using the current version E Class suspension/transmission components or an earlier version/year of the E Class

·
Registered
105 Posts
W210 (1996-2002 E430-55)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
slk320 said:
W210 (1996-2002 E430-55)
Not quite. The front suspension is a design like the W203 C-Class with a spring over shock setup. All W210 E-Class have separate spring and shocks up front.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, I knew that... :eek:uch: Just forgot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
old thread bump.. happens when you search tho. ;)

I cant find replacement rear arms ( man there's a lot of them) unless i search for E class parts see link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Re...its=Model:E55+AMG&hash=item23294759c5&vxp=mtr

the price looks great... Im reading that our car chassis is the same as the 97-02 E55 AMG..are they?

im getting ready to airbag the car, is near 80k miles..and i already have a full replacement front suspension.. easy to find..

does anyone have any input on this for me?

I have a 2006 LX 3.5 300, RWD.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
The chassis was designed and manufactured by Chrysler. Very good torsional rigidity - better than Mercedes - actually on a par with the 911!

Suspension components are another matter! When Daimler bought Chrysler, the LX platform was in final stages of design. The new owners insisted on Mercedes components (suspension; braking control; many electronics, etc.) and forced the parts onto Chrysler at silly high prices.

They are a mix of E and S class parts. Gen 2 cars have the same Chrysler chassis and it appears that most, if not all suspension components were re-engineered and built here - rather than supplied by Daimler.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ding ding. We have a winner.. awesome man thank you. They're all there and are super cheap.. can't wait to install my accuair under brand new suspension..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts