Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By good I mean one that really shuts the car down if someone tries to steal it and cant be bypassed. I know if they want it they'll get it but the harder it is the better. One that has remote start and preferrably will roll the windows up remotely as well. How much should it cost installed properly? Also are there any shortcuts that installers use that I should be aware of? Bad shortcuts to make it easier on them is what I'm referring to. Thanks for all your help in advance.:cool:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
add me to the list.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Personally I have a Viper 791xv and I love it. It pages me whenever someone bumps my car with their door or anything else. The range is pretty, I'll be in class and it will page me if someone touches my car and all that. I love my remote start, I'll turn the car on from my room about 20 minutes before I go to class and it will be nice and warm when I'm good to go. As far as the windows going down automatically it is an option but you have to buy and extra module and I personally wasn't down for the setting. This unit is a little outdated by now though. The new Viper remote starts are even better. Just check them out on their website. Viper.com As far as price goes I only payed like $250.00 to get mine installed but that's because I worked at Best Buy and got it at employee price. I know that places will charge anywhere between $450.00-$600.00 for the unit and install.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I was looking at a Viper but was told Clifford was better because you couldn't use a code grabber on it. Your not supposed to be able to use it on the Viper but my brother witnessed someone using one on his. They grabbed the code and unlocked the doors. It was actually the owner of the Audio/Alarm store that installed the Viper. The store owner actually pulled it out and installed a Clifford for free. This was about 9-10 years ago so not sure if thats possibile now, I'm just a little weary.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can grab the code on just about anything, I don't see how (within reason) a certain brand would be immune to it, sounds like marketing BS to me. I've know alot of people with viper systems that have been very happy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got myself a compustar remote and alarm. Work very fine. I install a broken glass sensor plus a tilt sensor. gGot no problem with it . It is a 2 ways. And last week I got a Vigil GPS tracker. When the alarm goes on the Vigil call me on my phone to tell me that someting append or the car is moving etc. I can follow the car from ther website. I can even stop the car from the site if I have to . If your son take the car you can set the gps to call you the car go above a certain speed or if you set a certain destance. So if your at the movies and your 2ways is off distance you will be alert by a phone call
:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts