Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make my 5.7 300c sound a little more throaty, but not something that will wake the neighborhood, I've read that cutouts really kill low end hp/torque, that resonators will shake the car and make it rattle, and that cold air intakes are high maintenance.

TLDR version: I would like to know the best way to get a nice sounding V8 with around $500.

was thinking a combination of:

AFE stage 2 intake, ( i don't know if this is the best brand or if the oil free is better than the oiled one)

and Blastin Bob's Fat Pipes

is this the best combo? there's just so many options, i don't know what's best.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, if your looking for a little better sound, Blastin Bob's would be the way to go, like their 9db version. As far as cai go, if you don't want to clean the air filter, get the non cleaning version. I am thinking of doing the Mopar Long Ram, but haven't fully decided yet.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
938 Posts
fort1,

Check out the Mopar website under "Performance" : Performance

From there you can download the Mopar Performance Street Catalog.

They have some exhaust systems available that provide that "throaty" sound for your 5.7L HEMI powered 300C. Below is a description & part numbers but there is all kinds of different performance parts available:

#1. Cat-Back Exhaust System- 5.7L Hemi Upgrade:

Features RSC no-drone technology, with 2.75-inch 304L stainless steel mandrelbent tubing, stainless (Torca) clamps and polished 4-inch Pro-Series tips. The patented Power-Pulse RSC™ muffler design delivers the throaty exhaust tones that define your Hemi-Powered ride on the open road.

1 P5155716 Cat-Back Exhaust System, Dual Rear Exit, 2004-10 Charger/ 300/ Magnum 5.7L

#2. Cat-Back Exhaust System- 5.7L Hemi:
Features T304 stainless steel construction (aircraft quality) with mandrel-bent tubing, stainless band (Torca) clamps and polished tips. Free-flow system provides horsepower and torque gains, improved fuel economy and a deeper tone.

1 P4510855 Cat-Back Exhaust System, Dual Outlet, 2.25" Pipe, 2005-10 Charger/300/Magnum, 5.7L

Good luck on getting your vehicle sounding how you like it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
How 'thrifty' do you want to be?

Over 2 years ago I had my suitcase muffler cut off but left the resonators on. At the time people told me it would begin to sound worse over time, and I would lose 5% HP. I can tell you two years later it sounds the same as the day I did it, and I've never felt any loss of power. No drone either, until MDS kicks in. But I disabled MDS with my Predator.

Cost was about $50 for the muffler shop to cut off the suitcase...

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went with the blastin Bob's 6DB exhaust and I haven't stop smiling since...LOL
Shipped to my house (Jersey) total was about $168
I love the way they sound at start up and idle.
And they are not that abnoxious sound

Here's my thread and here's a clip of the exhaust
THread

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Cheapest way? Get a hammer and a screwdriver. Then punch a half dozen holes in the mufflers. Your car is gonna sound sweet, and the chicks will go nuts.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Cheapest way? Get a hammer and a screwdriver. Then punch a half dozen holes in the mufflers. Your car is gonna sound sweet, and the chicks will go nuts.
^^^LOL

Yeah, High school chicks
:haha:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm trying to make my 5.7 300c sound a little more throaty, but not something that will wake the neighborhood, I've read that cutouts really kill low end hp/torque, that resonators will shake the car and make it rattle, and that cold air intakes are high maintenance.
Cutouts will wake the neighborhood.. BUT you can always close them and return to stock silence. They do reduce low end torque while they are open, but increase power at mid-high rpm. Again, you can close them and open them when you want.

CAI's are not high maintenance, the differences for those and stock airbox, is that you buy a recharge and cleaning kit for $20 to reuse the same cone filter over and over instead of shelling $12 for a new stock filter all the time. Recharge kits usually last 3-5 cleanings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished having the Blastin Bob's 7db set installed.
Nice rumble at idle and sweet at wot.
I can only hear any drone just as it is about to kick the MDS off on accel.

Cost me $161 for the pipes + shipping and $40 to have them installed.

I love these things.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I just finished having the Blastin Bob's 7db set installed.
Nice rumble at idle and sweet at wot.
I can only hear any drone just as it is about to kick the MDS off on accel.

Cost me $161 for the pipes + shipping and $40 to have them installed.

I love these things.

^^^I agree

I love mine also
Just the right sound and not loud at all

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im replacing my Suitcase with Cherrybombs. Already have the reso delete. All that did was want me having more sound. BTW I think I might try this hamer screw driver idea first. Anyone have a sound clip of that!!:bigok:

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Blastin Bobs pipes are on my wishlist after I read this thread!

6dB seems ok for a nice growl.

Blacknight, was it the 225X4 or the 225X4s kit you got?

I did a resonator elimination to a Chevy Traiblazer I had.
That what super easy, just a straight pipe, a couple of clamps and endpipe of choice.
Sounded much nicer after that.
But for the HEMI I don't even want try to bend pipes...I leave that to Bob.

Anyone tried Blastin Bobs resonated glasspack pipes?

·
Registered
688 Posts
But, haven't you always had an SRT? Don't they have a different "suitcase" than the regular C's? According to the BB website, the suitcase makes a lot of difference when changing out the resonators. Or am I reading something incorrectly?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Blastin Bobs pipes are on my wishlist after I read this thread!

6dB seems ok for a nice growl.

Blacknight, was it the 225X4 or the 225X4s kit you got??
My bad
Actually, I have the 225SSR with the mandrel bends
This is what I have....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts