Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pops up once in awhile & i was wondering what does it mean ?

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But do you know why does it come on whenever it wants ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Now that's a harder question.....
We've asked why the ESP comes on even though you manually turn it off. My only guess is that the 'safety patrol' doesn't want us to have to much fun.?.?

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody know why this always comes on ?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Even if you hit the button to turn it off, it is still activated 20 percent. I think the
only way you can have it shut off completely is to pull the fuse for it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
NDENT said:
Are you talking about it coming on during normal driving or during aggressive driving? If it comes on during normal driving, you need to see the dealer. If it comes on during aggressive driving, just consider it your nanny.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
NDENT said:
Did you read the Owner's Manual, pgs. 112 - 115? Your answer may be there. If not, talk to the stealer's service manager to discuss the matter in greater detail.
Of course, if the TCS is activated (you did not manually switch it off), and you launch from every stop by putting your foot to the floor, BIG BROTHER is sometimes going to tell you about it.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ESP Bas thing comes on right when i start the car most of the time. Also what you mean about big brother ?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
NDENT said:
The ESP Bas thing comes on right when i start the car most of the time. Also what you mean about big brother ?
Just when you start or does it STAY on??

·
Registered
750 Posts
BIG BROTHER (CHRYSLER) is watching you

NDENT said:
Also what you mean about big brother ?
Poster probably refers to the invisible presence of Chrysler directly controlling aspects of your driving experience thro the car's computers.

In his classic novel, 1984, George Orwell described a totalitarian society in which the government, referred to as the Party, had almost complete control over the people. The supreme ruler of the Party was Big Brother. Posters announced that "Big Brother is Watching You". Telescreens, which could not be turned off, droned endlessly with brainwashing propaganda about wondrous government programs. Coins, stamps, books, films, and banners proclaimed the three slogans of the Party: War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

Police Patrol helicopters darted among the roofs of the buildings, allowing police to snoop in people's windows. As insidious as the Police Patrol was, the government agents most feared by the people were the Thought Police. The telescreens not only transmitted governmental policies, they also transmitted back to the Thought Police both sounds and pictures from inside the homes. (read cars)

People lived by rigid schedules dictated by the Thought Police. Loud alarms were transmitted from the telescreens (read Nav screen)to announce when people should be doing the tasks that were specified by the Party, such as their daily exercises.

Walter Cronkite, in his Preface to the paperback edition of 1984 published by The New American Library, said Orwell wrote his novel as an essay on "power, how it is acquired and maintained, how those who seek it or seek to keep it tend to sacrifice anything and everything in its name." (p. 2) That statement gives us the key: the real purpose of control is power, power over others. Knowing that political leaders seek control over us should not surprise us, for government is an evolutionary thing and usually evolves towards more control.

Keep an eye on it: freedom is eroded like a jigsaw puzzle - piece by piece

Zilla

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
NDENT said:
I mean, like the Nanny comment, the system is watching your driving for you, and telling you to cool it.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jjs said:
Just when you start or does it STAY on??
It says on. I've to turn the go off & back on for it to go away.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That is sort of what I was thinking, when the earlier post asked if it stays on. I was thinking that then there certainly could be a problem to have looked at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The ESP/BAS light will always turn on at key up, but will go off after a few seconds. If it doesn't go off after you start the car, then there is a fault with the system and it should be checked by the dealer.
Just like all the other lights though, the ABS/TCS/BAS/ESP system takes a few seconds to initialize.
If it goes off after a few seconds, there is no problem.

As for turning it off completely...you cannot. DaimlerChrysler wants it that way.
You can turn off TCS, and ESP goes into 'extended thresholds' allowing you to slide it out further.
the above post was correct, the only way to completely shut it off easily is to pull the ABS fuse. Once you put the fuse back in and drive off (up to about 15 mph) the abs light will go out and you will have full function again.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys gonna call a dealer today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts