Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well prior of the release of the 300, I was going to purchase a 2004 Acura TL.

I’m not trying to start a domestic vs import war. Based upon from what I’ve read here and other places, this car is being very well accepted and should bring a lot of import customers.

My question is what cars where/are you cross shopping the 300 with.

Personally I think this car has the pontential, if it can stay away of any major snafus, to make it on Car and Driver's Best 10 list, as well as some of the other auto mags.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
My Ol Lady originally wanted another Infiniti. She was looking at the G35 Sedan and had fell in love with the G35 Coupe. We actually purchased a G35 Coupe recently and took it back - the car is nice but too limited in rear seat and trunk. Now she has done a 180 degree turn and changed her mind without my help and wants the 300C. I am shocked. Funny, if I had tried to talk her into or demanded she get Chrysler 300C she would be driving the Infiniti? :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was looking at the Magnum, 300C (winner) , Infiniti G35, Acura TL, and the Maxima 3.5 or Ultima 3.5

·
Registered
110 Posts
Probably Infiniti G35, and maybe a Pontiac GTO (If it was 4 doors and not so plain looking). Otherwise, Used Audi's.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Infiniti G35, Acura TL, Bmw 330i, Audi A6, Bmw 530i if it were not all Bangled up (poor up coming 3 series), ditto on the GTO it looks very 10 years ago like a glorified grand am. Frankly in my wildest dreams I would have never thought of a Chrysler until the 300C.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was replacing a 2002 300M Special and was considering a CTS-V or a 300C. I drove the CTS-V a few times and even sat down with the GM of the dealership to run numbers: he was about $1K off what I wanted to pay.

That same weekend, I saw my first 300C on a dealership lot that evening and hunted mine down locally and purchased it the very next day. I liked the CTS-V, but absolutely fell in love with the C the second I drove one.

Mind you, the V is a very nice car. . . it's just way different and feels quite a bit smaller. You'd think it would feel twice as fast with the LS6 and 3.73 gears (!!) stock, but it really doesn't.

I've driven a lot of stuff, and I personally have never seen a car that offers as much value and fun as the 300C. This is, without a doubt, the best car that I've ever purchased.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am a GM guy, so I was looking at the GTO. I was getting very tired of driving a p/u truck, plus my needs did not neccessitate one anymore, so I
wanted a quick car again. Now that I have 2 kids, room became a big factor.
The interior in the GTO was a bit more than the fbody, but still not great with
2 kids on a longer than 2 hour trip.
Then came along the 300C. Wow. The first time I saw it was in an advert at
yahoo.com
Mmmmmm, fullsize, 4door, v8, rwd. Perfect. Then my research into the 300C
began. One of the better decisions I've made in my life. :cool:
I did fleetingly glance at the CTS-V, but the upper 40 price tag stopped that real quick.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Our new 300C is my wife's car. (I get the '92 Dakota). She was pretty much set on an Audi A6. I suggested an Infiniti G35X as an alternative without ever seeing one (nearest dealer 400 miles). Then I saw that Chrysler planned to offer AWD in the 300 later this year. When we went to take a look at the 300, she liked it so much she didn't want to wait for AWD. OK by me. The car is great! Its about $10K less than an A6 and almost $35K less than an A8 which I think is a more comparable vehicle in terms of interior room and engine performance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
well, i havent bought a 300C yet...but will when more become available--i can test drive the one i will buy and have options to choose from, with a possibility of a rebate/discount

buuuuuut, i now i have to buy American due to the father-in-law, but i have test drove ever sedan out there--to dream and to want.
the Acura TL is the entire package for the money (along with the 300C, but you get a more unique design). the TL has a stylish exterrior, cool blue xenons, a great navigation system, and one of the coolest interiors i have seen.

the CTS is prolly my 2nd fav, however, the interior isnt as nice imo. there is just somthing about it--def not enough wood and the steering wheel commands are weird too. fun to drive as well. pricey

the Nissan Maxima--which i drive now, but a 97--is a great all round car for the money too. good power, styling, handeling... however, the new interior is a little to metallic for my liking and would still choose a TL over it.

the G35 sedan i also love! yet, again has a little too much metallic trim in th interior for my likes--but i wouldnt be too dissapointed in owning one. the only thing is a lack of leg room in the back

so in conclusion--the 300C is for me! cant wait till ol early '05 till i prolly buy

·
Registered
167 Posts
funny thing, I wasn't even thinking about getting a new car (I was eyeing an MB e500) . I just couldn't resist and went to a dealer to check it out... next thing you know I have a new car.

Not a good way to shop for cars, but it worked for the best.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Z2SO4 said:
funny thing, I wasn't even thinking about getting a new car (I was eyeing an MB e500) . I just couldn't resist and went to a dealer to check it out... next thing you know I have a new car.

Not a good way to shop for cars, but it worked for the best.
maybe someday ill have the money and the capability to do that, but at age 23 and just married and buying a house i cant--shoulda known that my dream car would come out right now :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
E55 KEV said:
My Ol Lady originally wanted another Infiniti. She was looking at the G35 Sedan and had fell in love with the G35 Coupe. We actually purchased a G35 Coupe recently and took it back - the car is nice but too limited in rear seat and trunk. Now she has done a 180 degree turn and changed her mind without my help and wants the 300C. I am shocked. Funny, if I had tried to talk her into or demanded she get Chrysler 300C she would be driving the Infiniti? :D
I'm amazed at how much women like this car in spite of its very masculine appearance. My wife thinks it's a better car than the A6 she originally wanted. I have two daughters in their 20's who have driven it and think the 300C is hot also. They all seem to like the power. Hmmm, what does that mean?

·
Registered
167 Posts
MattinNashville said:
maybe someday ill have the money and the capability to do that, but at age 23 and just married and buying a house i cant--shoulda known that my dream car would come out right now :cool:

I had to trade in my other car which allowed the montly payments to be about the same so it didn't make a difference to me :p

Don't worry, little steps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts