Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the best thing about this car is the whole integration of style, size, and power.(see fugly GTO) Also, the best thing for me is that this car is so unique that months down the road it still feels new. Other cars, you're like, great can't wait to trade this in.

The worst part is that there is this huge blind spot in the rear right corner. I also don't like the cheap bendy rubber on the bumper, but I guess it makes for cheap repairs. (Chrysler you know something I don't?)

The best thing is that this car can fit 22's...that's hot!(as Paris Hilton would say)
The worst thing is that I never have enough places to go! :(

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Best is power and presence, worst is the teeny gas tank, I'm ALWAYS filling it up.

I'd gladly trade some MPG for some capacity, I'd like a 375+ mile range for my driving needs.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Transmisson....

I would LOVE to have a transmission that works like
"EVERY" other transmission ,in every car ,that I have ever owned.
This may be a great set back for the 300C.
just my own opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lik2race said:
just my own opinion.
I guess you've never owned a Meredes.......cause that's where your tranny comes from.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Lik2race said:
just my own opinion.
Please explain what exactly it is you don't like about the tranny.

The ones I drove, shifted just fine. When using the autostick, it seemed to upshift and downshift rather quickly, just as you would expect.\

Compared to my '96 SHO V8, the 300c's tranny shifts RIGHT NOW. Trying to manually shift the SHO is an exercise in frustration, you finally just realize Ford doesn't want you to do that and let it run itself, which it does just fine.

The 300C is the first car since I bought my SHO V8 in 1999, that has made me want to trade, and I finally did.

Don

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
dynodon said:
Please explain what exactly it is you don't like about the tranny.
Don
Guess you haven't read the several posts I have done about my tranny,
it's vibration,water in it,has been in the shop since Monday 2-21,
and probably won't be out till Tuesday.Waiting to be confirmed if
they are putting in new tranny,as was discussed on day one.
Even though,I have a new Pacifica to drive,it's not the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the worst thing in my C is the heat. It takes entirely too long to heat the car's interior.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The list for best things about Mrs SexC goes on and on, but as for the worst I have to agree with 300PMP, I don't have enough places to drive her :mad:. One beautiful day it was so nice, I drove about 5 miles out of my way for what is less than 2 blocks from the house to get gas. Talk about any excuse will do!!, lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Angi300C said:
The list for best things about Mrs SexC goes on and on, but as for the worst I have to agree with 300PMP, I don't have enough places to drive her :mad:. One beautiful day it was so nice, I drove about 5 miles out of my way for what is less than 2 blocks from the house to get gas. Talk about any excuse will do!!, lol

:p Sooo True! (Person in the passenger seat) "Hey wasn't that your house back there?"

(Me) "What...oh...yeah." (then just turn the radio up)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hoosier_300C said:
Worst: No Convertible Version. :mad:

Best: The agressive look of it.
You can get one in '07 when ASC comes out with the "Helios" version:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hoosier_300C said:
Yea, that Helios is a good lookin' car, unfortunately, it would be a great many years until I had the 55K+ that bad boy is likely to cost. :eek:
The latest release says $4K over regular price. So you should be able to get any trim level with the option. You could have a base for $28K.

·
Registered
100 Posts
DAMN...I can never look at those pictures without getting drool all over the keyboard. Simply stunning!

Edited to add: What do you think the add-on cost would be for a conversion shop to tackle this project? If they would.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Making this car convertible takes away from the structural integrity of the car. I'm not talking about how it will drive, but just the look of it. It's almost seems like an oxy-moran to have a boxy convertible. When you look at this car in it's original form, it has an aggressive look and stance. You look at the convertible and it looks kinda like a cop out Caddy. Maybe it's just the color that doesn't jive with me, but it takes some of the gangsta out of the car that way. JMO. :cool:

·
Registered
208 Posts
300PMP-

I disagree with your "looks" based argument, I think it looks really good as a convertible.

Unfortunately, looks aren't all that is involved, and your first sentence nailed it. It is well known that convertibles, such as the previous generation Mustangs, were noticeably more "flexy" than the hardtops. Without MAJOR structural modification to somehow compensate for the missing roof, that thing might flex like a noodle.

I'd be interested to read about ALL the mods that go into that conversion. If it's mostly sawing off the old top, I would steer clear.

Literally.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
...ask and ye shall receive:

CITADELGRAD87 said:
300PMP-
I disagree with your "looks" based argument, I think it looks really good as a convertible.

.....I'd be interested to read about ALL the mods that go into that conversion. If it's mostly sawing off the old top, I would steer clear.

Literally.
The Helios - This link to the builder, American Specialty Cars (ASC), was posted awhile back, courtesy of arnoldw:
http://www.ascglobal.com/

Their site is not easily navigable, so here's a link directly to the press release with all the meat & potatoes:
http://www.ascglobal.com/sub_pages/news/naias/ASCHeliosPressRelease.doc

·
Registered
117 Posts
Impressive. But with those extensive modifications, they would have to have some sort of contract with Chrysler to keep warranties intact, wouldn't you think?

I hope it does see production, I really do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts