Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do full exhaust on my 300c with Kooks headers, and want the most aggressive sounding cat-back on this thing. I'm going nuts with how quiet this damn car is. Anyone have some suggestions from experience?

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
06HEMI said:
I'm getting ready to do full exhaust on my 300c with Kooks headers, and want the most aggressive sounding cat-back on this thing. I'm going nuts with how quiet this damn car is. Anyone have some suggestions from experience?
Hey 06 Hemi, from what I have read on the forums and directly from owners of the Zoomer's, that is the system you need for most aggressive sound. I will order mine very soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
all depends on what ya want...

zoomers is probably one of the quieter cat-backs
borla makes two different systems (one with 2 mufflers per side, one with one muffler per side)
magnaflow
flowmaster
corsa (i think they're available)
bassani (i believe they're also available now too)

if you want aggressive but not too loud...i'd go borla or magnaflow, if you want aggressive and everyone to know you have a hemi...get the flowmaster for sure!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
06HEMI said:
Flowmasters ..check out their web page for Sound bites.
I had to put a set of 12" glasspacks on mine to "quiten them down" a bit for my 'significant other'

·
Registered
677 Posts
JP300c said:
all depends on what ya want...

zoomers is probably one of the quieter cat-backs
borla makes two different systems (one with 2 mufflers per side, one with one muffler per side)
magnaflow
flowmaster
corsa (i think they're available)
bassani (i believe they're also available now too)

if you want aggressive but not too loud...i'd go borla or magnaflow, if you want aggressive and everyone to know you have a hemi...get the flowmaster for sure!
Uh...... Zoomers.... Quieter cat-back...... Apparently you've never heard them? I run the zoomers system and have heard every system except Corsa or Bassani. Zoomers is going to be the most agressive with the best tone in my opinion.

The Flowmaster and Magnaflow setups made the hemi sound too much like a truck for my tastes. The zoomers gave it more of an tuned note, not so rumbly and sloppy if that makes sense. The Borla setup with the 5" tips has too much resonance for my liking.

If you have the opportunity, attend a 300c Meet or Magnum meet in your area and hear the systems for yourself like I did.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far zoomers seems like a good choice, I am leaning between the Bassani and Zoomers, and suggestions?

·
Registered
729 Posts
06HEMI said:
I'll let you and everyone here know what the Corsa cat-back sounds in a week or so (insert big $hit eating grin!). :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Check out JBA...
Heard them this weekend...
and they are NICE!
similar to Zoomers loudness - but deeper...
and this coming from the MAGNAFLOW "FANBOY"...

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Mike

Wait till after the 18th. You can hear some moded exhaust inperson. They sound good on the net but you dont get that real life sound.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Check the JBA's...
just as loud as the Zoomers...
little deeper too...

·
Registered
196 Posts
ERIC.... really didnt wanna wait another 2 months to get an exhaust... but i will take your advise on this one and wait till i hear the others at the march 18th meet..

Not just looking for sound but alittle more performance out of the exhaust also..

Mike..

·
Registered
729 Posts
BobCav said:
I'll let you and everyone here know what the Corsa cat-back sounds in a week or so (insert big $hit eating grin!). :biggrin:
Prob have another week or so until my car's Corsafication! The waiting is KILLING me! lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts