Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the point of installing a CAI kit? The 300 does not have a MAS. It has a speed density system. Which means the cpu will not pick up the changes or it will adjust to factory specs.

Rmedina

·
Registered
887 Posts
Cooler air = denser air = more power (regardless of MAS or S/D). The debate on whether the computer will recognize it still continues until dyno's are posted.

What you can not argue is, the Volant system looks great and flows more cooler air than the stock restrictor box, and they have proven to work on the Butt Dyno :D - good enough for me to place my order!!

And really, what are we really talking here - 10hp at the upper rpm range at high speed max if the computer's recognize the additional air? We are all still waiting for dyno's on the Jet chip, CAI, etc etc...
All the dyno will prove is that a CAI either adds a few ponies or doesn't - it can't make you drive faster! ET is what matters - all the hp in the world does no good to you if you don't cross the line at 1320 before the guy next to you!
People are placing too much on HP numbers, and forgetting about our real world torque and ET. Usually, the ones that place HP as their priority are bench racers and don't know how to drive a car fast anyway - there's a bit more than pressing the go pedal to the floor and holding on.

My advice to everyone is to invest in a race driving/car control course for a day and learn to drive the car. I did it a few years ago - thought I knew how to drive, and was I WRONG! Best money EVER spent for me and my car IMO. I'll be checking into this with my C soon - maybe a 300/Magnum track day with professional instruction. :cool:

Hey! Where's my 3.55's to get this heavy thing movin' a little faster out of the hole - now THAT is the mod everyone should be waiting for!!! :eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
5point7, great point... Money is better spent at a training course to teach you how to use what you've got moreso than giving you more of something you cannot control..

Wonder if they have any car courses here in MN??

·
Registered
19 Posts
HaTaX - I've been looking for a course in Minnesota as well -haven't found one yet, if you have any luck, let me know

HaTaX said:
5point7, great point... Money is better spent at a training course to teach you how to use what you've got moreso than giving you more of something you cannot control..

Wonder if they have any car courses here in MN??

·
Registered
845 Posts
Even if the additional air doesn't help the car, colder air sure would. Density counts when it comes to power. That's why racing at sea level compared to mountain racing is so different. You'd need a turbo or super charger to help cars move in elevated areas due to the less dense air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts