Votes: 9 11.7%
  • No plans to own an SRT-8

Votes: 6 7.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how many people here expect to eventually have a SRT-8 in their garage.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Not here. Perfectly happy with the C. Getting married, buying acreage, building a new house, etc., etc., happening during the next 2-3 years or so...SRT-8 not a high priority with a C in the garage. Also, I don't like the monochrome color scheme of the SRT and eventually would get tired of filling it up all the time (I know how my driving kills the mileage on an MDS equipped engine).

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As expected, this forum is full of early adopters. Are there that few of us here right now?

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's surprising, so far only 18. I sure would like to know how many total orders Chrysler has so far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe . . .

JMatt--

I'm leaning in the direction of an SRT-8, but I'm not completely certain. I've got a kid going off to college this fall, and I want to ensure that my finances are in order before I act. While I see a lot of hopeful comments in this forum about the SRT-8 holding its value and/or becoming an instant collectible, it will eventually depreciate significantly, so I may hold on for a while and grab a used one in a year or two.

I see that you have a 540i Sport--actually one of the things that's crossed my mind is buying a three or four-year-old 540i, A6 4.2, or something similar; there are a lot of awfully nice, low-mileage German sedans available for well below $40,000. I realize that they may not have the straight-line urge of an SRT-8, but you can buy a lot of car for $30-35,000 by going this route. From a purely financial perspective it makes more sense, but I'd love to buy a zero-mileage SRT-8. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm still trying to order one that is close to the MSRP. I have a couple of leads but if it doesn't pan out, thats the way it goes. I have set a limit for myself as to how much I will spend on a car and intend to stick to it. If by Sept or Oct the SRT-8 is still out of reach and nothing else catches my eye, I will buy the 300C and still be happy.

·
Registered
440 Posts
qictrk said:
I'm still trying to order one that is close to the MSRP. I have a couple of leads but if it doesn't pan out, thats the way it goes. I have set a limit for myself as to how much I will spend on a car and intend to stick to it. If by Sept or Oct the SRT-8 is still out of reach and nothing else catches my eye, I will buy the 300C and still be happy.
Fly out to Indy, I believe that O'Brian still has one that's not taken.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
50-50 here. Actually, the minute I drive one will probably order one.
But, none have appeared so far.
Waiting patiently, but not ordering before I see what itz all about.

·
Registered
358 Posts
vengra said:
That's surprising, so far only 18. I sure would like to know how many total orders Chrysler has so far.

I have one on order, an '06. Placed on 2/3/05, it just beat the Gas Tax levy, according to Chrysler. It is Status BX...

LJB :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Ahhh ....... the Siren Song of the SRT8

Yes, the SRT8 is an itch I'll definiitely have to scratch

It may have to be in Magnum form though

Then I can take my buddy with me - hey there little red riding hood?

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yep, I'm one of the 19 now that ordered an 05, but now scheduled for an 06. I'll believe not paying a federal GG tax when I see it, I believe ya'll are getting jerked around on that one.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm surprised at how few people are here so far. If you assume they'll make 100 2005's (just as an example), then only 3 of 100 have been here. I thought a bigger percentage of ealry enthusiasts would see this board. Perhaps a) there won't be 100 cars or b) many cars have not yet been spoken for or c) only 3% of enthusiasts visit a site like this?

It will be interesting to see how much site traffic starts picking up once they start delivering SRT-8's around the country.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mark these words: EVERYONE will pay the GG tax. The government wants its money regardless of any arbitrary cutoffs set by (DCX).

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only partly true. The government will get paid the gas guzzler tax on every SRT-8.
But that does not mean the customer will have to pay. Chrysler can provide a rebate for whatever it wants to. If that means a $2100 "January Order" rebate, then that's what they'll do.
As for myself, I fully expect to pay the tax.

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it does happen (not paying GGT if it was ordered in Jan), DCX would eat the cost, and I don't think that's likely. Trust me, Uncle Sam is gonna get his regardless of who pays it. I wouldn't complain, if your getting this car, then it's only fair that it's paid (at least by somebody).

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to bring this back up. I've noticed a new group of posters here, that may not have seen the poll and voted? How many eventual SRT-8 owners are here? As I write this, there were 31 total responses with an order of some kind.

·
Registered
679 Posts
JMatt said:
Just wanted to bring this back up. I've noticed a new group of posters here, that may not have seen the poll and voted? How many eventual SRT-8 owners are here? As I write this, there were 31 total responses with an order of some kind.

I voted in the poll...I am one of the "lucky" ones who ordered an 05 (ordered on 2/3/05) and it is in D1 status, with a projected "ship date" of 3/18. I have no will power.....it may have made a lot more sense to intentionally go with the 06 (several upgrades it appears, and a liklehood that any production or quality kinks would be caught and worked out). I drive a 745LI now, and am used to "perfection", so my expectations may be too high. I saw this car in photos, read what they did to an already awesome 300C.. and I committed.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Then I can take my buddy with me - hey there little red riding hood?
Beautiful animal !!

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the last week 7 more early purchasers answered the poll (38 now with 05 or 06 on order). It will continue to be interesting to see this site grow in the next 60 days.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts