Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the 300 I was getting 22hwy...but going 70-75...with the gas prices, I slowed down to 65...now I average 25mpg...but on a long hwy trip I can get as high as 30mpg

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
A long trip to brighton(uk) 200 odd miles all motorway,steady 70mph with cruise control on,2 adults,2 kids,trunk full,obviously the MDS kicked in and returned 31.6mpg(evic read 36 avg,I worked it out with pen,paper and a calculator).Round the town though I average 16mpg(pen and paper again,evic reading 19mpg)

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The best we've had with the 300C is 26.4 going up and down the Utah mountains. The next best was between Grand Junction and Ft. Morgan in CO going across the continental divide of the Rockies.

The best with the MSRT8 has been 22+ between WV and Chicago numuerous times.

·
Administrator
23,442 Posts
I never did check what I get with my 300C SRT8, but I seem to be gettng ~27.8L/100 kms with my Jeep and I think that works out to ~9 mpg in the city. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I work it pretty hard whenever I can.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I never did check what I get with my 300C SRT8, but I seem to be gettng ~27.8L/100 kms with my Jeep and I think that works out to ~9 mpg in the city. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I work it pretty hard whenever I can.

Bernie
You know darn well I'm going just going to sit back and smirk about this post! Does JGC stand for Jeep Garage Cherokee? :biggrin:

·
Administrator
23,442 Posts
You know darn well I'm going just going to sit back and smirk about this post! Does JGC stand for Jeep Garage Cherokee? :biggrin:
Haha!!! Good one. It's so hard in the summer, but I do drive it. It's just that when it's nice I ride my bike more it seems. You wanna talk about the crappy mileage I get with that and it takes 91 octaine too.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Haha!!! Good one. It's so hard in the summer, but I do drive it. It's just that when it's nice I ride my bike more it seems. You wanna talk about the crappy mileage I get with that and it takes 91 octaine too.

Bernie
What gets poor mileage, the motorcycle or Jeep?

·
Administrator
23,442 Posts
What gets poor mileage, the motorcycle or Jeep?
Both...haha. My Jeep only has ~1000 km's (600 miles) so far, but I know mileage will get better in time. My bike's tank holds 5 gallons (~19 liters) and I usually go ~125 kms (75 miles) and the needle's in the red. That's with city driving, but highway is much better cuz I can get it into 6th gear. I'm sure I could go further though, but the gauge doesn't seem to be all that accurate. I'm due for an oil change soon and I'll get them to look at that. I don't trust it at all.

I usually go more by how many km's I can go before needing to fill up. That's around 330 km's (200+ miles) for my Jeep right now. I just reset the A Trip to zero after every fill up and go by that mainly. I'm really not all that concerned about how much I get out of a tank as long as I enjoyed wasting it...haha!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Wasting fuel and enjoying it to boot might make some save the earth-type people mad at you. I don't think you would want to push that bike all the way home if you did run out of fuel.

·
Administrator
23,442 Posts
Wasting fuel and enjoying it to boot might make some save the earth-type people mad at you. I don't think you would want to push that bike all the way home if you did run out of fuel.
Speaking of which I need to get rolling on outta here. I promise to wave at a tree somewhere along the way. Jeez, if I find a really hot tree that looks easy I may just give it a hug...haha!!!

Nah, seriously I just accept it and fill up when I need to. We seem to spend far to much time being concerned about this. It just goes with the territory what we choose to drive.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I've been experimenting with using autostick in "casual" driving in the MSRT8 to got to the highest gear possible at a given speed. I find I can use 5th as low as 35 mph and the slower engine speed equates to better instantaneous economy on the EVIC. At 25mph (or a little bit more) I can get to 4th. Seems like the limiter is whether the new engine RPM would be under 1000 or not as to when autostick will bump "up."

I've been surprised at how well it pulls on a relatively steep a grade in 5th with the motor only at 1100rpm or so. But then again... when you're in autostick it's easy enough to tick it down a gear or two when you want to "play" vs. be "casual" about things.

·
Administrator
23,442 Posts
Have a fun, safe drive and don't assault too many trees.
ONLY if they're consenting trees and say something like daaaaaaaaadddddy or take me I'm yours...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
353 Posts
I know this is hard to believe, it is to me, But I filled the tank today checked my mileage and I got 31.8 mpg since last fill-up. This is with a 5.7L 300C Usually I get around 22mpg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts