Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's mine -

Dream Car:
All-wheel-drive 300C SRT-8
Coefficient of drag: 0.27 Cd
Curb Weight: 3,700 lb
6.4 liter Hemi with aluminum heads, aluminum engine block, plastic intake, and factory LT headers.
Mod-friendly HAL
DiabloSport Preformance tune from the factory for PCM and TCM
Paddle Shifters
Output: 500 hp
Torque: 550 ft·lb
Aerodynamic body based on the current Mercedes-Benz W211 series
Braking: 60 mph to 0 mph in 100 feet
Lateral accel (200-ft skidpad) 0.95g. Speed thru 700-ft slalom. 69.8 mph

·
Registered
144 Posts
easy one : black challenger srt8 with 6 speed transmission...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If I was a designer @ chrysler I would design a car with the following features...

I would first call it 300tt

twin turbo v6
srt interior
aerodynamic styled body kit
suede styled headliners/visor/seat accents
integrated navigation with a heads up display
egt/ boost gauge
lowered stance
20x9/22x10 forged aluminum wheels
brembo brakes
sport exhaust

This is what I would like to have out of an OEM vehicle like a new version of the srt. Just as fast but because of weight reduction and a smaller displacement motor with forced induction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lxdreamcar

A 300 srt8 ,w/ the 392, Hertage edition trim, in a 2 door configuration! A 6spd would be great and as long as we're dreami'n ,a return to Montana's reasonable and prudent daytime speed limit! C300092

·
Registered
379 Posts
I too would greatly appreciate a smaller-displacement turbo engine. 150hp/L is fairly reasonably attainable given current technology, my '04 Saab did 105hp/L and 115tq/L, bone stock with factory tuning. Aftermarket tuning pushed it up to 130hp/L and 140tq/L, and a less invasive engine managment system would have allowed much more modding.
I figure a 3L turbocharged I6 or I4 would suffice (blasphemy to many, I know) for my wants.
3L Turbo I4 - 500hp, 500 tq
cD -.26 or lower
Effective ground effects and downforce devices and/or underbody suction system making for
.95g or better roadholding
a true SMG with paddles
80-0 braking in 105ft or less
Haldex's new XWD system with the eLSD

Like that's ever going to happen

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Im telling ya forced induction is the wave of the future. Higher MPG while maintaing the power people want out of their cars. Its longevity has been proven over time. I just see cheap auto manufacturers trying to save a buck by not having additional engine parts to purchase. They need to buck up and sell what the people are wanting.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My LX dream car...Hmmmm lets see

Lets start with a 2 door Charger SRT8 with a 7.0L Hemi and a Roots type Huffer on top...Looking at close to lets say 700Hp, Or put the Viper V-10 in there modified by Hennessey with 2 of those little power adders we call turbos, that will be what around 1000HP...hehehe

Then we can Put a Viper 6 spd in it with a viper rear axle a GCSRT8 transfer case and front axle to make it AWD...

Slap some sticky rubber under there with some massive 6 piston Brembos...

Then hold on to your HATS!!!

·
Banned
651 Posts
a 300C SRT12, twin turbo that feeds into a super charger
long tube headers that exit out the front of front tires. completly murdered out sitting on 24's with air ride. 4 12's in the back. oh and it has a 200hp shot of nitrous. with a fat girl in trunk eating cheeseburgers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts