Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot of the forums and have heard alot about KW 2's...what are they and where do you get them...I have a 2006 300 touring RWD with 50k and it's a daily driver...it's a virgin to mods..so I want to do it right the first time...Help a brother out...Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would just go with eibach sportlines for a 2" drop and call it a day. The k2s are great if your gonna track your car or get into the corners hard... but I know your car is the same as mine and I also know that if you drop $1200+ vs $300 you wouldn't know the difference between the the 2.

I vote eibach.. best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
^^He will also need shocks. You are better off doing it now than later when they blow to save on labor...and they will ride better.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
why would he need shocks? 2" of drop is still within a safe operating range.

·
Registered
489 Posts
why would he need shocks? 2" of drop is still within a safe operating range.
To start, he has 50K miles. The shocks/struts are done with theri usable life. Plus the OEM stuff barely is able to handle the OEM spring. Add a spring with 30 to 50% higher spring rate, then the shock/strut will not be able to control the spring well at all. many have done this already, with a history of shock/strut failures down the road. Then you will have to pay 2x labor to do the shocks/struts after the fact.

I will also mention not all springs are made equal. going with the entry level (cheap ones on the market) may look good, and they do. But put a couple of guys in the back seat and take it for a ride. The issue with some of the aftermarket springs out there is the serious lack of usable coils coils. So road test one so you know what you are getting in to

mike
dms

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Well, to answer the original posters quesiton, the ultimate lower package would be the Track 2 Kit from Pedders.

This kit comes with virtually all of the bushings, dampers, springs, sway bars, and links, and will dramatically improve the look, ride, and handling.
This is not for someone that just wants to lower the car and make it look different.
It will transform your 300 to AMG levels for a lot less money. In my opinion, this kit is the best of the best.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Im assuming with a daily driver your trying more for the look then the performance of lowering. Ive driven on every suspension from drop coils, to coilvers, and to bags and I can tell you this, If I was looking to do a static drop on my daily and installed $1200 coilovers instead of $300 springs I would wish I had my money back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
With the Pedders Track 2 Kit Above...
How much lower would the ride height be from stock?
Will ride quality suffer?? I like the way my C-SRT8 handles bumps now, but if I can firm it up a little more...but not be too harsh, to make the wife complain...:( I'm on this kit..:)

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
With the Pedders Track 2 Kit Above...
How much lower would the ride height be from stock?
Will ride quality suffer?? I like the way my C-SRT8 handles bumps now, but if I can firm it up a little more...but not be too harsh, to make the wife complain...:( I'm on this kit..:)
It's a bit hard to put in to words, it will be a bit stiffer, but will handle the bumps better a feel more comfortable.

It lowers it about 3/4" - 1", but there are a few different choices for the rear

·
Registered
154 Posts
Rob:

Can you PM me as to how much this kit would be??

Tariq

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is alot of money for that kit...I am a a do-it yourself-er...I'd rather have a supercharger. What kind of labor are we talking...hours

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
it's about a 15-17 hour installation.

I would urge you to take a ride in a car that has been upgraded with the Pedders Suspension prior to adding the extra HP. It will make the car much more predictable and you'll have much better response. I can understand your hesitation to spend the money on something that will not make you more power, but i can tell you that everyone that has done the Track 2 kit on their car has been floored with the difference. I haven't heard one person have any regrets at all.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
$3600 for some springs, shocks, bushings and sway bars.. Yeesh and I thought parts for my Corvette's were expensive (my suspension goodies cost way less for the Vette's).

Gorgeous stuff and I'm sure it transforms the car entirely, but that's a LOT of cash.

·
Banned
651 Posts
$3,600 ?!?!?! hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Our parts aren't for everyone, some would prefer the soft mushy stock suspension, while others would prefer a bargain basement price suspension.

There are however plenty of people that would prefer their car to handle and not 'loaf' around corners

That said, the post was "what's your ultimate package for lowering', well, the Track 2 from Pedders is that package

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Here is a more basic package from Pedders! This customer simply chose the bump steer kit ($82.00), new shocks ($712) and springs ($360) they are the 7026R you could actually go a lil lower in the rear with another spring we offer.

Call me for pricing even if you are a do it your selfer!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Our parts aren't for everyone, some would prefer the soft mushy stock suspension, while others would prefer a bargain basement price suspension.

There are however plenty of people that would prefer their car to handle and not 'loaf' around corners

That said, the post was "what's your ultimate package for lowering', well, the Track 2 from Pedders is that package
You don't have to defend your position. The products look well engineered and designed for the car. I understand R&D costs money and unlike parts for a popular sports car (like say a Corvette) you have a very small cost of scale on the 300 and that ultimately raises the price.

I remember when I restored my 68 Vette I put a complete ProThane bushing kit in the car and it was the Master kit that replaced everything and it cost me $189.00 for the whole kit. But the difference is, they probably sell 10 thousand of those kits a year..

As I said above, I am sure this kit transforms the 300 into a turning monster! I probably can't begin to imagine the difference.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
I have read alot of the forums and have heard alot about KW 2's...what are they and where do you get them...I have a 2006 300 touring RWD with 50k and it's a daily driver...it's a virgin to mods..so I want to do it right the first time...Help a brother out...Thanks
Low1, in answer to your question, you can get KW2's from one of our sponsors here as well as other items for your suspension.

The advantage of the KW2's is that you can set your desired height and your shock dampening rate; you get new springs and shocks as part of the kit.

I would give them a call and talk about your requirements.

High Horsepower Racing

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
KW's are good stuff, we've had a couple customers that have already had them installed, and have upgraded the rest of the suspension with Pedders, and left the KW's in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts