Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and hopefully a new 300C owner soon. I have a question after having test drove the car yesterday. Does altering the wheel and tires effect the MDS system? If part of the logistics of that system involve the rolling diameter of the wheel and tire, doesn't changing that effect the efficiency of the system? Can you change the setup as long as you keep the same rolling diameter or does weight effect it too? If you can...do you put 22s and 30-series tires, or 20s and 40-series? I know that's going to be preference but I would prefer to have those functions of the car perform as close to design as possible. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up

Okay...with that being said do you need to keep the overall tire height and per/wheel weight in check with the original tire wheel specs for the MDS to function properly? If the answer to that questions is yes does anyone know what that might be (somewhere around 27.5" of overall height and 55-58lbs per wheel)? If there are additional people who can post in on this it would be really helpful. Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My seat-of-the-pants reaction - no, wheel size would not effect MDS. It would effect ESP, but not MDS.
I would think MDS is only monitoring the throttle/gas-pedal system. I can't see how tire size would effect MDS.

Here is a short Chrysler video on MDS. It is not real technical, but there is no mention of anything that would suggest tire size plays a part.
http://www.dcxmediaservices.com/videoptrs/wms/dctv/Mar04/Multi_Displacement_System_300k.wvx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts