Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went out and purchased a set of Echelon Goochi 22" rims and tires (coming very soon).

Of course now I'm wondering about security and protecting my new previous gems from theft. With that in mind I was wondering if anyone knew of any lock lug nuts which were locked via a key instead of a universal "key"?

If these aren't available, perhaps some insight on some quality lock nuts.

At any rate-hopefully someone can provide me with answers.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Those may be hard to find especially since you will need 14x1.50 thread size. Many of the "Tuner" lug nuts which use a key are made for sport compacts and the smaller 12x1.50 thread size.

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Put Lug Nuts On 4 Out Of The Five Bolts. Buy A Pack Of Lug Nuts For Each Rim, Thats What I Did!!!!!! Also Invest In A Good Alarm With A Paging System And Gps Tracking Device!!!!!!! Would Feel Really Sorry To Catch The Person!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I bought some McGard wheel locks. Theyr'e very strong and reliable, yet they stick out about an inch longer than the regular lug nuts!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I purchased (wasted my money) a set of McGards for the Magnum and the 300C in 14x1.50 prior to Mopar making them available. However, I did not use them because the OEM lug nuts use a 21mm Hex and the McGards use 22mm Hex and that would require keeping a 4 way lug wrench in the trunk just to remove the lock.

for 300C - McGard 24019:

For Magnum - McGard 24210:

NOTE - the one I bought for the Magnum (24210) is too long and sticks out.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
TenEightySalomon said:
"instead of a universal "key"?"

What do you mean by 'universal'? They are hardly universal, just very similar in appearance.

I have a set on my Mustang (like those McGard's someone posted the picture of for the Magnum). That squiggly internal groove is pretty unique from one set to the next.

I have a set on my Ford with external splines. The splines are irregularly spaced so that there are many possible combinations.

Obviously, with mass-production and sales, there will be repeats of internal or external configurations which would require someone to show up with a bucket-full of keys, which they would then have to matched up one at a time! Time is of the essence when stealing wheels. Almost anything that slows the thieves down will deter them.

And if not, while they are playing with the keys the "Trunk Monkey" (see my earlier posting) gets all the time he needs to do his thing!

·
Registered
823 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I purchased (wasted my money) a set of McGards for the Magnum and the 300C in 14x1.50 prior to Mopar making them available. However, I did not use them because the OEM lug nuts use a 21mm Hex and the McGards use 22mm Hex and that would require keeping a 4 way lug wrench in the trunk just to remove the lock.

for 300C - McGard 24019:

For Magnum - McGard 24210:

Hmm...Didn't see the 24019 number on the Jegs catalog. I just got the longish Magnum ones.

I ordered the 64014 McGard lug nuts for a 22mm hex so I only need ONE socket in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
teahead said:
Hmm...Didn't see the 24019 number on the Jegs catalog. I just got the longish Magnum ones.

I ordered the 64014 McGard lug nuts for a 22mm hex so I only need ONE socket in the trunk.
Only one socket needed? What is the hex on the SRT OEM lugs? For 5.7 Hemis it is 21mm.

Never mind - I see now that you also order new lugs all around. Cool!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got some lugs I have never seen before with my foose. They look like a weird allen key for the LUG and the female key goes over it.

None of these will keep a determined for focused thief from steeling your wheels, it will stop the guy that sees a chance as an easy mark.

-R

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
I would go with the McGard, as they are the most reliable in the business. And if you ever lose your key, you just call them with your key code (it comes in the box) and they will laser cut you a new key. No need to have a shop try and break them off.

Ryan
1010tires.com
Sales & Tech

·
Registered
823 Posts
$50.00 and I'll give you my barely used McGard 24210 wheel locks and matching brand new McGard lug nuts. Both uses a 22mm (7/8" socket).

Will fit the SRT8 wheels. Wouldn't fit (socket too big for hole) my Bonspeed wheels. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts