Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am toying with the idea of refurbish the wheels this winter. I have plenty of time. Has anyone tried it (successfully!) and what sprays did you use. I would like a matt finish.

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, I had my wheels refurbished 18 months ago by 'MyAlloys' in Basingstoke. Cost was about £280 for all 4 wheels. They did a great job. The wheels were in poor condition lots of flaking, but they turned out really well. I think they had about 4 different shades of shine to choose from.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
There are now a few one man band pop up mobile alloy wheel refurbishers who come to your home. Majority of them are pretty good, given the feedback and reviews they had received.

When I got quotes, generally for 18" its £50 per wheel, they go up in price by £10 for every inch but I reckon the prices can be haggled as these guys are self employed and own their business.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My SRT8 wheels are really sad with bad flaking.
I took them to an Alloy Wheel refurb place and he told me he couldn’t do them and only a few places could because of the wheels plating?
Desperate to get them done because they let the car down badly but not sure where to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
There's a few places that should be able to help, try BK alloy wheels refurbishment in Barnet. The others are Lepsons and also another company called spit&polish. The only thing, I can't remember if they do polished surfaces but they will definitely do Platinum silver, which really pops and diamond cut.

Reactions: Steve Gee
1 - 6 of 6 Posts