Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud owner of a 2006 300c which will primarily be used on road trips. I'm looking to upgrade the factory 18" wheels to something that balances ride comfort with increased handling.My questions is should I get better 18" wheels, or look at 20's or 22's.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Larger diameter wheels hit you two ways: the wheel is more massive and results in more unsprung weight; and the tire is a low aspect ratio with shorter side walls. Without revising the suspension, this combination will always result in a rougher ride. Handling however will (most likely) improve.

Based on your need to balance ride and handling, might I suggest a performance tire on your current 18” rims. I recently upgraded to Pirelli P Zero A/S Plus tires on my 18” wheels. Better handling and wet weather performance with only a slight hit on ride comfort than the OEM Firestones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CtCarl

·
Registered
697 Posts
Desert_Flyer has got it all right. My somewhat modified 05 Magnum RT (see signature) is also used mostly for longer highway trips and is setup with the stock 300C 18 in. wheels, larger performance Toyo tires (about the same diameter as stock though), a slightly lower Getrag Limited Slip Differential (3.06), SRT8 front and rear sway bars, and Bilstein shocks and struts. This configuration allows for considerably better handling which I felt was needed with the engine putting out about 30% more horsepower than stock. With this entire setup, I've also gained nearly 25% more fuel economy.....22-24 mpg to 27-29 mpg.....and once in a while 30 mpg. My custom transmission up/down shift schedules, torque management settings and pretty much shutting off all torque converter slip have also helped with everything......handling, performance and fuel economy.

Reactions: Desert_Flyer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts