Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Overtake said:
Wondering if anyone knows of the SRT-8's stock wheels weigh. I'm looking at some custom ones, but they're 40 lb's each.
29 lb is the shippng weight per box. Take off the box and packing and they are about 28.5 lb.

·
Registered
593 Posts
the stock rims look better anyway...of course, you prolly coulda sold the stock rims to a wannabe with a 300C to pay for the customs...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Money isn't the prob, but with 10lb's per, I'll keep looking. I actually like the looks of these customs. If you want to see how they, or the chrome version looks, go to Tire Rack.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have these 20's on my C

Zinik Z-12 Mazotti 20 x 9

They ride very nicely on my 300C. They are wearing Goodyear F1 supercar 245/45 Zr20's.

I dont have the box in front of me, but I'm fairly sure they are not 40lbs.

Regardless of the actual weight, I'm not trying to set any national speed records so it really doesn't make that much difference to me. All I know is they ride nicely and I get compliments galore. Good enough for me. :)

Overtake said:
Wondering if anyone knows of the SRT-8's stock wheels weigh. I'm looking at some custom ones, but they're 40 lb's each.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MUCH thanks chasb! Those look FANTASTIC! I may just get them anyway. All you need now is some nice window tint!
This is the wheel info shown on the Tire Rack site;

Highly detailed deep lip, split 5-spoke design
Full covered lug-area
1-piece low pressure casting is heat-treated and shot-peened for superior durability and strength
Contemporary elegance combined with modern engineering and craftsmanship
Finish Shown: Black w/Mach Lip

Size Selected: 20x9Front
Price: $289 each
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Recommended Tire Size: 245/45-20
Wheel Offset: +15mm
Weight: 40.5 lbs.

Size Selected: 20x9 Rear
Price: $289 each
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Recommended Tire Size: 255/45-20
Wheel Offset: +15mm
Weight: 40.5 lbs.

Additional Specs

Bolt Pattern: 5-115
Finish Warranty: 1 Year
Country of Origin: South Korea
Construction Type: LP Cast/Shot Peened

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup! Ordered 'em! I've only had the car since Saturday, and have removed the 2 resonators behind the exhaust tips (nicer growl for $100 labor & parts), windows tinted, Lambo door hinges arrived, and waiting for a billet horizontal grill. What's next? :friday: :friday:

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
However, the Black wheels will match the pounds of brake dust you will be experiencing. UGH!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Just read the box. It says 29 pounds??

Also I hope you dont drive the way I do. I already trashed one of these on a curb and had to replace it.

Send me some pics. I'd like to see another car with these wheels on.

Have had these for 3 months and no brake dust issues at all.

Chas

ps I have a 20% tint all around except front. The reflection of the skylights over the club's portico make it look like clear glass.

Maybe this shot is better?

300CUL8R said:
However, the Black wheels will match the pounds of brake dust you will be experiencing. UGH!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
JUST noticed the tint in the club pic as I copied & sent to a friend to show how mine will look. NICE! I'll put up pics when ALL else is done. Can't wait! :banana:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would also like to get an aftermarket wheel in high polish or chrome that is about the stock weight. I really think the LX platform looks great with wheels that have that very wide lip. It helps make the dropped stance and wider tires really give that muscle look, IMO.

Todd

·
Registered
218 Posts
steverwrx said:
29 lb is the shippng weight per box. Take off the box and packing and they are about 28.5 lb.

I can confirm the weight at 28.5 lbs stock and 29lbs chromed. I weighted mine when I had my wheels dipped! Felt very light when picking up. I was very surprised of the lightness!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Great Can't wait to see them

They also make them in chrome

Overtake said:
JUST noticed the tint in the club pic as I copied & sent to a friend to show how mine will look. NICE! I'll put up pics when ALL else is done. Can't wait! :banana:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Try D'Vinci wheels

www.dvinci.com

WhiteDiamond said:
I would also like to get an aftermarket wheel in high polish or chrome that is about the stock weight. I really think the LX platform looks great with wheels that have that very wide lip. It helps make the dropped stance and wider tires really give that muscle look, IMO.

Todd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA they arrived yesterday, and feel no where near the published weight! I'm off to Seattle in the early hours tomorrow, and am HOPING everything will arrive whilst absent, so ALL can be fit before Hawaii................................................................... WITH pics! :newangel:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Cool

Can't wait to see pics.

BTW since I last posted I blew out two of my wheels in separate incidents, both curb related.

I have two more coming.
Chas

Overtake said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA they arrived yesterday, and feel no where near the published weight! I'm off to Seattle in the early hours tomorrow, and am HOPING everything will arrive whilst absent, so ALL can be fit before Hawaii................................................................... WITH pics! :newangel:

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
chasb said:
Can't wait to see pics.

BTW since I last posted I blew out two of my wheels in separate incidents, both curb related.

I have two more coming.
Chas
Those damned curbs just jump right out in front of you- aren't they a bunch of rude SOB's! I just had one jump out in front of my RAM SRT10- off to the store to buy a new 305/40WR22 XL Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico OUCH!!!
Gnikcuf low curbs!!!!!!! :evil: :AR15firin

·
Registered
909 Posts
ouy dias ti

yrros.

They can be expensive little SOB's.

I'm even thinking of buying a spare, since with my luck. I'll blow one out next year, they will have stopped making them, and I'll have to go for a whole new set of something else. My car is like having another kid

srt8danno said:
Those damned curbs just jump right out in front of you- aren't they a bunch of rude SOB's! I just had one jump out in front of my RAM SRT10- off to the store to buy a new 305/40WR22 XL Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico OUCH!!!
Gnikcuf low curbs!!!!!!! :evil: :AR15firin

·
Registered
2 Posts
chasb!
I like your wheels. I love the stock rim, but I want black wheels and can't find anyone to paint them and guarantee the work. Looks like you can use the stock tires, are you? On a related note, since it looks like the people here know MORE than my dealership (Koons in Vienna, VA), does the car come with the self-sealing tires? Service says no!, Repair shop who had to fix my FLAT (3500K miles) says yes!, salesman says I don't know - but he told me yes when I bought the car. Also, if they aren't self sealing, why isn't there a spare tire?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts