Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the Warrenty office today to ask about the bolt hanging over the wheels to see if moving it would effect it. Well the Customer service rep told me that by changing the wheels/tires that it would void the warrenty that i have to go with what the owners manuel recomends. I checked the owners and it doesnt recomend any certain size but what is printed on the B piller sticker.
I dont belive this for a min cause if that were the case no one would ever change the tires wheels on there car.
Didnt i see some place here about a law saying that changing something like this couldn't be grounds for voiding a waranty.
Im still looking for the right tires for 20's so i havent changed anything yet but i sure want to.

Eric
DLR

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
This may be what you remember.
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm
Whether a change in the bolt is considered an "aftermarket part" is the question of the day.

MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although they cannot void a warranty because of an aftermarket part, increasing wheel size will almost definitely void any warranty on brake or suspension parts because the manufacturer will say that the vehicle was not designed with the extra weight of larger wheels in mind. In this case if you run larger than stock wheels and have a brake or suspension problem, i would recommend not showing up at the dealer with them on. Dealers are trained not to warranty parts for these larger wheels. As for the dealers who are selling new cars with larger wheels, then they either eat the warranty on the part or sneak it through as having factory wheels and not getting caught with putting in wrong info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts