Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gal,
I've been to five wheel shops that all said that they can fit the AWD and they all looked stupid in the end. The problem is not in the offset but rather in the upper control arm. The arm is old shaped and bumps into the wheel. The RWD has a straight arm and it avoids the wheel. I've been looking for a shop that might be able to fabricate an arm so this won't happen. When I find someone that can make this work, I'll pass along the info to everyone. Good Luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Plastic Guards

Has anyone seen plastic guards for the wheel wells that would cover the gap, similar to the mudguards. Wouldn't that work like on some SUVS?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe 300c,
That was me that said the dealer would make the swap. The purchase was contingent upon receiving the chrome wheels. I made that deal with the dealer before I knew it wouldn't work. Now the dealer ordered the Mopar Borla exhaust and gave me life time oil changes, 15000 mile and 30000 mile maintainence for free. This is because he didn't want me to return the car used. Sorry if you thought I was full of it. I do not care to lie to people on this forum. Most people here are full of useful information and I'd like to be considered one of them.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Wheel wells fenders

JPB
Were talking about it with Tommy right now. So far no one is making any thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AWD dealer Swap

I was also offered the same deal. I live in N.Virginia and they are selling a Hemi C AWD with chrome 20's. Extra $3,000. They stick out of the fenders about an inch, but the dealer said they work fine. Warned they may rub slightly when pulling a sharp U-turn. I must amit I was very tempted even with the wheels sticking out The car looked FAT. Because of all the discussions here though I passed on the purchase. My question is will this work? What are the down sides of this, besides rubbing during a sharp U-turn? It's very hard to except when the dealer is selling the car off the lot this way. I did purchase a Hemi-c AWD, but no 20's yet:(

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks scrb keep us posted if Tommy comes up with something

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey fellas,
Great news! Phil Perez from American Racing has sent me an email with interesting news.

"THIS PARTICULAR AWD MODEL DOES TAKE A DIFFERENT APLICATION THAN THE RWD MODEL. WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING AVAILABLE A WHEEL THAT WILL PROPERLY FIT THE AWD MODEL IN THE NEXT 60 DAYS OR SO.

THANKS"

Looks like we might be in business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts