Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my wheels refurbished to a platinum finish and thought I share a few photos as I 'm really happy with the end result. I spent a whole day from 8am and privledged to watch the entire process with Bekim and his team at BK Wheels East Barnet. Its amazing to see these professions at work and the magic they do :)

This is the bit where it came back from the acid strip. The acid removed the paint leaving it bare metal, which took a good couple of hours.

This is the bit where its ready for primer. It gets power coating after the initial prep work. If think the prep might have been the hardest part. The wheels were originally diamond cut and so when it came back from the booth (which I wasn't allowed to go in to see because of safety reason), it was sand blasted smooth.

Here it is out of the oven primed. The primer was a power coat application.

Silver base coat then platinum, its 4X the cost of normal base, here it is been sprayed on.

Ready to be power coated with clear coat before the oven again

Now comes the power coating with clear coat and then back in the oven

I'm really pleased with the end result. I was tempted to have it diamond cut again but glad I didn't.

It was a long tiring day and I enjoyed watching the process. I'm really careful now and park with great care, hopefully it should last :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looking good mate, the all silver instead of diamond cut is growing on me and they suit your car well.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, its got a seal applied today. That should help with some protection against brake dust and rain for a while.

they look great. I'm impressed they do it while you wait - being without them for several days doesnt appeal....cost per wheel (if you dont mind)?
I paid £300 for the lot, which I think is a good deal compared to some others quotes that I got. The added bonus, I got to watch the process :)

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's time for some new wheels or do I refurb them, perhaps in chrome?

·
Registered
573 Posts
After reading the above posts and watching Mike and Ant on Wheeler Dealers, I would refurb. The results are stunning, cheap, and “saves the planet”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
First time I've seen this thread. Unfortunately, the pics are very blurred and partially obliterated by the "Photobucket" ad.
I'm also due for a wheel refurb - stiil running on the corrosion warranty replacements provided over 9 yrs ago. It seems that overall powder coating is the popular way to go, however, the polished spokes on my stock wheels are in surprisingly good condition except for the area near the hubcaps. I've been quoted £100 per corner by a local refurbisher. Amazingly, the original TPMS valves still continue to work after more than 13 yrs but I would expect to replace them when the wheels are refurbished. Just waiting for Spring to arrive before going ahead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts