Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im waiting like a good little boy for my srt-8 but while waiting i am wondering...do you think there will be any performance upgrades from mopar or any other outside tuner for the srt-8?.....i hope so

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
juice said:
im waiting like a good little boy for my srt-8 but while waiting i am wondering...do you think there will be any performance upgrades from mopar or any other outside tuner for the srt-8?.....i hope so
Juice, my secret chip tuner source tells me it's a piece of cake on the SRT-8 because there will be no MDS. The 5.7 has been a challenge for the tuner companies because of the 4 cylinder mode and DC won't cooperate. Only the bravest of the brave have been able do read and write this chip . . . (if I told you more your mortal existance as you know it would terminate) :D

However, look for all kinds of neat stuff for the big 6.1 Hemi - with the blessing of DC.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I hate to sound like a wussy, but the SRT8 tranny is rated at 425ftlb as is the C. Think about it, they bump the hp by 85 and only bumped the torque by 35. There is a reason, it's the tranny. I would love headers and Borla but the powertrain warranty will be null and void, these mods could net a real 70ftlb and one may very well blow the tranny.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I just wish DCX would have spent the extra coin and made available, the Viper T-56 6-speed for the SRT-8. Then, the sky's the limit for hp/tq and it'd be so much fun to shift!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
More, more!

teahead said:
I just wish DCX would have spent the extra coin and made available, the Viper T-56 6-speed for the SRT-8. Then, the sky's the limit for hp/tq and it'd be so much fun to shift!
My wish is for a Viper V-10 on the same platform (slightly stretched) but with the words "I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L" stamped on the grill. No need for any Strut logos after that! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Redman said:
My wish is for a Viper V-10 on the same platform (slightly stretched) but with the words "I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L" on the grill. No need for Strut logos after that! :D
Hear Hear! Imperial with a 6spd SMG, AWD with proper wheel gap, keyless go, Buffalo hydes, oh let me stop here, similar to the lovely Maserati Qporte.

·
Registered
46 Posts
mb knows how to make big torque/hp trans. I wonder if the bolt pattern and hook ups for a s600 or s65 trans would mate up to the hemi. both of those motors are crankin well over 500+ lb/ft of torque

new trans and then super charge the hell out of the motor!!!

dr dave

·
Registered
440 Posts
drdave said:
mb knows how to make big torque/hp trans. I wonder if the bolt pattern and hook ups for a s600 or s65 trans would mate up to the hemi. both of those motors are crankin well over 500+ lb/ft of torque

new trans and then super charge the hell out of the motor!!!

dr dave
I wouldn't be surprised to see DC up the ante next year just to try and get the early birds to sell their ’05 ½ / ’06 and buy into a manual.

·
Registered
440 Posts
XCITsNU said:
Only if they give a trade up credit. :D
It will be nice if they give me a deal on my C. I wonder, does the “friends and family” credit apply to the SRT? This will be the third car that I bought from them in less than a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts