Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has happened to me a few times, when doing a burnout or hard acceleration, the transmission just goes to neutral...i shut the car off and start it and it works again/?? any known issues?/ i have searched the internet but i come up with nothing..

anyone had this happen? whats the fix?:12:

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Never had that problem on this car but if it's not an electronic nanny issue, it may simply be the linkage? Just a guess here. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
It's over revving. I did the same thing on ice once.. Freaked me out.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Use your tuner, leave shift points stock and raise limiter to 6200... allow auto upshift. You are bouncing your rev limiter and the car is putting trans in limp mode... how do you know it's neutral? Does it go to 'N' in evic when it happens?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Yeah I meant the shifter indicator on the EVIC... when it occurs does that say N or D?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Nanny says no spinning wheels.
Disable (or retard) nanny.
And stay off of the rev limiter.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
you know, i didnt pay attention to that, but i think it still says d
Yep... it's definitely limp mode induced by limiter if it says D... it's not neutral, just feels like it... up rev limiter to 6200 and shift points at stock and you should be good...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same problem here but my shift points are at stock Rev limiter is at the max... any ideas should I have turned on my no esp mod ?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
How do I find out what my shift points are with a Predator Cust. Perf. 93 CAI Tune. Thanks PAT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts