Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
When I am at park and push the pedal fully down, then at max revs the car like jumps or stutters. No idea what causes it might be missfire? It starts after 5000 rpms and stutters up down like (5300 - 5100) really fast. And after that when idling car is in limp mode I think, because the gear will not change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Estonian neighbor!!
When you drive a car stutters/jerks too?
What are the error codes?
If it's in limp mode, there should be red lightning bolt in panel!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. When driving everything is fine no problems only when I push pedal max in park/ neutral. I try to find out if there are any codes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okei never heard off. But yea everything else is fine with the car. Only found it out because I had to do the road worthy tests and checked exhaust gases at high revs. The guy who did it said it is a small thing but that's all he knew. Key dance shows nothing and the engine is Mercedes-Benz OM642

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,493 Posts
Ah keydance doesn't work on CRDs you need a Chrysler cabable code reader unfortunately. Whilst I wouldn't see a specific reason that you'd be throwing codes, diesels really don't like high rpm it's not good for them. Over here in UK they bounce the revs up high to check emissions on diesels too but that's only a very brief thing, no sustained high revs

You should be bouncing off the rev limiter not much over something like 4500rpm on the Gen 1 CRDs. Depending on your software version you should change gear between 3700 and 4200 rpm so in normal driving you shouldn't be able to get anywhere near your 5000 rpm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okei but actually the key dance works I assume it is to check engine codes. I had a glow plug fault code and fixed it using the key method. I uploaded a small clip on youtube of the problem

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,493 Posts
Ah never seen the keydance work on a CRD before, you must be lucky/special!

Definitely seems to be rev limiter kicking in on your rev test

·
Registered
177 Posts
Okei but actually the key dance works I assume it is to check engine codes. I had a glow plug fault code and fixed it using the key method. I uploaded a small clip on youtube of the problem
Don't do that... Over-Revving it like that is not good for your engine. I see a lot of kids do that these days and it's only gong to kill their engines. It is a rev limiter like DGO said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea got it. Was a little worried. Thanks everyone for the answers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts