Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered it on June 19. When should I expect to get it? The dealership said 6 to 8 weeks. Should I believe them? Plus I have a set of 22" Katana Spears on the way with a bentley grille that should be here in 4 weeks.

Andrew

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
22sOnThe300C said:
I ordered it on June 19. When should I expect to get it? The dealership said 6 to 8 weeks. Should I believe them? Plus I have a set of 22" Katana Spears on the way with a bentley grille that should be here in 4 weeks.

Andrew
First you need to call your Dealer and ask him for your VON (Vehicle Order Number). He should also be able to tell you what your car's order status is - see list below. As of recently, many cars have be sitting in BX for at least a month or two. Once the car is moved to status D a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) replaces the VON.
With either the VON or VIN number, you can also call Chrysler to get the status by following the steps below.
I ordered my C on May 27, went to D1 July 6, and told by Chrysler I will be put in Storage(order status JS?) around July 31. I am hoping for the car late August, best case. Expect at least 3 weeks intransit to your dealer.
If you are still in BX, you likely won't get to D/D1 until August 4. My dealer said Chrysler releases the new orders/allocations the first Wed of each month.

• Call 1-800-992-1997.

• The sequence to input is 1, 2, 5, 2, 3... your phone
number, then 1. This brings you to a human who can update you on your order status.

Below is a list of stages in the order process:

BB Review by fleet department
BD Special equipment processing
BE Edit error
BG Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL Edit ok parts unavailable
BX Passed edit available for schedule
C Sub firm
D Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E Frame
F Paint
G Trim
I Built not ok'd
J Built ok'd
JB Shipped to body vendor
JE Emission check
JS Shipped to storage
KZ Released by plant , invoiced
KZL Released - not shipped
KZM First rail departure
KZN First rail arrival
KZO Delayed/recieved
KZOA Plant holds
KZOB Zone/distribution holds
KZOC Carrier delays
KZOD Carrier holds
KZOE Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF Show/test vehicle
KZOG Damaged vehicle
KZOH All other reasons
KZT Second rail departure
KZU Second rail arrival
KZX Delivered to dealer
ZA Canceled

·
Registered
77 Posts
Andrew,

I ordered mine around June 11th. It is D1 at this moment and is scheduled to be built July 19th. That wasn't a bad wait at all.

Many of the 300's are shipped by rail from Buffalo, NY, which is where I live anyway, so I hope to have mine by the end of next week. (My suspicion is that it will only travel by truck from the Brampton assembly plant, which is just two hours away.)

I feel particularly fortunate, in light of the severe delays that other owners experienced in the recent past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for your help. Those folks at DCX do not know what they are talking about half the time. I wish there was an online tracking system:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts