Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search but can't find the info anywhere.

I'm interested in knowing where all the airbags are in the 300C. I'm from the UK and the 300C isn't available here yet but I'm just throwing ideas around for ICE Installs.

Cheers

Pete

·
Registered
529 Posts
icecavern said:
I've done a search but can't find the info anywhere.

I'm interested in knowing where all the airbags are in the 300C. I'm from the UK and the 300C isn't available here yet but I'm just throwing ideas around for ICE Installs.

Cheers

Pete
Hi Pete, welcome to the board. The 300C comes with the standard airbags, one in the steering wheel (center of) and the other is just above the glove box or storage bin. You can also get the side curtains if you order the protection package, but this an option over here, not sure how it would be packaged in the UK. It's a great car!!!!!!!!
:D

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
As far as I know the window bags (highly recommended, go to www.carsafety.org and see the dummy's head print bent into the bumper without the bags, Camry and Accord) are not in the A pillar, I think the 300 site has a schematic of all the bags deployed

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm surprised that the LX cars don't also come with front seat side mounted airbags when you get the optional curtain airbags. Helps in protecting the rib area.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bobs05RT said:
I'm surprised that the LX cars don't also come with front seat side mounted airbags when you get the optional curtain airbags. Helps in protecting the rib area.
I used to have the side airbags in my 300M, but what I can gather these side curtains are far superior and protect your rib area.

I think Kings may have said that if you go to the web site, at least I think it is on the Cdn DC website it shows the side curtains deployed. Give it a try.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The curtain bags still don't protect the ribs or waist area like seat mounted side air bags would do. I'll bet Mercedes puts them on their cars but they cheat the American side of the company.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Bobs05RT said:
The curtain bags still don't protect the ribs or waist area like seat mounted side air bags would do. I'll bet Mercedes puts them on their cars but they cheat the American side of the company.
Look at the damage to the doors on the outside and what happened inside...I still feel adequately safe.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Seat rib bags would be nice for front, no good for those with car seats in the rear. People don't die from rib injuries as a rule, it's getting your gord squished on the B pillar or bumper of the Suburban that broadsided you. Having said that I would rather have seat bags and avoid any unecessary torso injuries. I would never buy a car without window curtains, BMW developed these in 97 and IMHO they are more important than frontal bags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts