Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pioneer Avic-D3 fit into 08' dash/bezel??? Where FS???

here's my story. i've been trying to install my pioneer d3 into my 300 forever. i finally got the metra dash kit and found out that i needed the factory nav bezel, so i paid another $120 and got one in carbon fiber. now i've just found out that chrysler has a new model bezel for the 08's that allows to keep the bottom hole which isn't a big problem but more importantly, it has a much more flush look. this has been really frustrating so just wanted to know if anyone would know if my d3 would fit in the new bezel and where i could get it.

pic of the 08':

Looks waaaaaay better than the one below!!!!

the one i bought:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting. Wonder if the HVAC mods can just move up to the new location.... Are the harnesses on the back for clock, hazards, heat/AC the same? Just adding more questions for someone who may know lol....

·
Registered
22 Posts
The way I odered the new 2008 bezel was look for one on e-bay then quote the Vin # to your dealer or Mopar parts centre they can order it through the vin # as catalogue is not up to date.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i actually called the dealer today about getting the 08 bezel cuz i had the same problem but they said you can not buy the 08 bezel without buying the 08 radio as well which is 995.00. your gunna have to buy the 07 and try to have it modified...atleast thats what crysler told me today on the phone...when my is done ill try to post pics

·
Registered
22 Posts
2008 Bezel

As I stated before due to catalogues not being being up to date you are best to get a Vin for a 2008 off e-bay and call your dealer with this Vin. This makes it easy for them ordering. This is how I got mine.
Warning - the bezels are not the same, even though they look the same.
the bottom of the 2008 bezel is wider and have to be trimmed. The way I did mine was to measure both bezels from middle of bezel to bottom. Take measurements at top, middle & bottom of each cutout and bottom of bezel - then draw line with a french curve. Mark with a fine liner. Tape inside the line with painters tape. You will have to use a belt sander as bottom requires close to 1/4 removed from each side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts