Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a filler tube that I think is the right one, but the cap simply says "Dealer Use Only."

Does anyone know where I add transmission fluid? On an SRT-8, if that matters...

TIA,

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I saw a filler tube that I think is the right one, but the cap simply says "Dealer Use Only."

Does anyone know where I add transmission fluid? On an SRT-8, if that matters...

TIA,

That's the place.
But why? Is your tranny leaking? If so something needs to be repaired.
And if you do it you will need to buy a dipstick (search the forum for what and where) so that you can detect the level. Cost of a dipstick is something like $70!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the dreaded o-ring disease, I believe. I have to drive 30 mins to get it in to service, so I was planning on having everything on hand in case I need to top it off before I head out. I may just drop about 1 C in anyway.

Thanks for helping verify where the transmission fluid is added.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You need the dip stick to measure it ,Buy it at ETOOLCART.COM miller special tool dipstick 9336. The dip stick has mili meter measurments 30mm ,cold 50 mm warm, 70 mm hot

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
It looks worse than it really is, so don't add more than a couple of ounces. Overfilling can cause damage. Then skidattle straight to the stealership to get it fixed.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, didn't end up having to add any, but would've only added a small bit if needed.

Went to the dealership this morning. It was indeed the o-rings. I'm all fixed :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts