Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when driving a car I like to prop my left arm on something. The window is up too high and the lower ledge is to low. Where do you folks put your left arm when you drive. Remember lets keep it clean.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Having driven a stick for years, my left arm/hand has always been in use on the wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
rogue said:
Likewise. I always find myself leaning to the center of the car. I like the room. :D
I find myself doing the same thing, but it makes it so your head is not on the head rest.

I think there's a market here for some type of extra arm/elbow support rest that could be bolted onto the door.

·
Registered
631 Posts
jjs said:
Having driven a stick for years, my left arm/hand has always been in use on the wheel.
Same with me, I keep the left on the wheel and the right on the autostick. Just in case someone wants to test me, I can drop the gear in an instant and show them the HEMI :D

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
Same with me, I keep the left on the wheel and the right on the autostick. Just in case someone wants to test me, I can drop the gear in an instant and show them the HEMI :D
LOL, this is exactly my SOP (standard operating procedure) and with the same motive, only I don't need anyone to test me... I do it often just because!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
well im a pretty big guy 6'6 260 so i lean almost all the way back so i actually find it easier to put my arm out the back window,lol, i know its gotta look pretty funny, but if anyone laughs just ask em to race

·
Registered
378 Posts
rdmac said:
So when driving a car I like to prop my left arm on something. The window is up too high and the lower ledge is to low. Where do you folks put your left arm when you drive. Remember lets keep it clean.

Bob
Gang,

I think that Bob means on highway trips when you may not be racing someone :rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a chuckle on this one. After a month of owning the car I still find myself experimenting with different positions not quite finding the exact driving position I had in all my other cars. I tried the "raising the seat and using the upper edge of the window" thing but that only works for short rides... I then tried to lower the seat to the point that my elbow was comfortable on the armrest but I felt like I was sitting on the floor looking up. I mostly like the left hand at 12 o'clock and one on the shifter thing but that gets old after about 45 mins. No complaints but man this car has a lot of realestate to cover.

Chris

·
Registered
765 Posts
my left hand is always on the wheel. the right hand seems to end up on the shifter or just sitting on the center console. :)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I find the C door elbow rest perfectly positioned. I often drive in the 7 o'clock and 5 o'clock position with my elbow on the door rest. I have my seat at its lowest position because it gives me the best thigh support.

Funny this thread just started. Yesterday, on a day trip, my wife was complaining about not being able to rest her arm on the door arm-rest.
The arm-rest is too far away from her body and she is on the petite side.
I agree with JonW that an extra arm support extension would be a worthwhile modification.

I believe the attached pic is from a magnum. Looks like a cup holder.
Not sure if it is standard or an option.
Seems like someone, or Chrysler, could come up with an arm rest extension, similar to the cup holder pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Im the same as many of you on here, I drive with my left hand... not being corny, but when I drive with my wife I hold her hand, its been that way since we were dating so I got used to driving with the left, that now I find it akward to drive with the right... plus when I get cut off and I cut them off right back, they are usually on my passanger side so is easier to give them the finger with the right :) JK ;) hmmm maybe

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Tha187um said:
Im the same as many of you on here, I drive with my left hand... not being corny, but when I drive with my wife I hold her hand, its been that way since we were dating so I got used to driving with the left, that now I find it akward to drive with the right... plus when I get cut off and I cut them off right back, they are usually on my passanger side so is easier to give them the finger with the right :) JK ;) hmmm maybe
Not corny at all! Hubby still holds my hand while he's driving - 24 years later (even on the rare occasions that I let him drive my C ;)) As for the finger... not in California you don't!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Okay, in the way of a disclaimer I've only had my C for a few weeks. But there is so much torque/power on demand that I find my left arm alternating between resting on the door armrest and firmly grabbing the wheel to make sure this filly doesn't get away from me and veer off the side of a cliff or something. Of course if I could keep my right foot off the floorboard, that would be much less of a concern...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts