Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mileshoover??

I was traveling around Christmas and not on the site for a bit, but since I returned I noticed that I haven't "seen" Miles online nor any recent posts. I was about to send a PM when I noticed he no longer has 'moderator' status... I didn't send a PM in case there is a problem, but I'm hoping he is healthy and that he won't be a stranger to the forum; he is responsible for many valuable contributions here!

·
Registered
477 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Mileshoover??

I was traveling around Christmas and not on the site for a bit, but since I returned I noticed that I haven't "seen" Miles online nor any recent posts. I was about to send a PM when I noticed he no longer has 'moderator' status... I didn't send a PM in case there is a problem, but I'm hoping he is healthy and that he won't be a stranger to the forum; he is responsible for many valuable contributions here!
totally agree!. the world wants to know where miles is? :p

·
Registered
901 Posts
Miss U

Missing you :mad: :mad: !

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Hope he is OK as well (but I did notice a decline in thread moving).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Mileshoover??

Hate to say it gang but Miles will not be contributing anymore due to a difference of opinion with management. I said I would not say anything but as some of you have brought your concerns out, I could not keep quiet. I know he will be missed by most of us. :mad:

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
Hate to say it gang but Miles will not be contributing anymore due to a difference of opinion with management. I said I would not say anything but as some of you have brought your concerns out, I could not keep quiet. I know he will be missed by most of us. :mad:
I am genuinely sorry to hear that. Miles contributed a tremendous amount to making this forum the success it is today.

I hope we will enjoy his participation again sometime. He will be missed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You know, we are all a group of Guys and Gals with a common interest...One that is not particularly important even in the grand scheme of things. It is too bad that anyone would take anything to an extreme on this board that would alienate, shun or otherwise disenfranchise an excellent contributor such as Miles. Sure, he could be a stick in the mud, but he was our stick in the mud! Come to think of it, I haven't seen Redman in awhile either! Is Joe Stalin the man behind the curtain of this board? Hello, Joe, the bodies are gonna start piling up soon if you can't get along with others! I have been on this board a long time and would hate to see things start to come apart now.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I for one thought Miles was a very valuable part of this forum, and appreciated his contribution. I have been on quite a few other boards over the last 4/5 years for another vehicle, and this forum is by far the most informative/mature board I know of. Life is full of differences of opinion, so I hope Miles will at least consider being a part of the 300C community here and contribute as another one of us owners.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is very sad...

Listen, we all have our moments and when there is such a diverse group of people there is bound to be differences of opinion. I may not have always agreed with some of the decisions or comments that were made, but that's the nature of the beast with a forum.

Moderator = responsibility, headaches, whiners, no pay and little gratitude... doesn't sound so easy when you put it in perspective. Miles cared about what he did here, that much was obvious. I hope he'll continue to participate as a member as well.

Thanks for the info Mikeyjohn.

·
Registered
770 Posts
When you moderate / coach / or run anything, it is always a thankless job. You feel that you put alot of effort in and want to be respected. Sometimes othere do not appreciate that. That said and in an effort to not sound too blunt - what the heck could have happened that bad. I jump in and out and would like to see all of us around. My last car was a Chrysler 300M Special and I belonged (still do) to their forum. Great bunch of folks. This forum is also great and I like the fact that it can be light hearted. Been here from the beginning. Did some whining early on cause I had a lot of problems with my car in the past. These cars are cool and I look forward to jumping on every day or so to see what all folks have to say.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Well gang, yes his contributions were often of value here, but since none (except maybe Mikey..) of us here know the full details of the 'differences of opinion', speculating on what was 'that bad' is pretty much a moot point...we don't know who took what position and how the disagreement was handled by either side.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A sad day, indeed.

We don't really know the reason for this change or who initiated it, so there's no sense speculating. For what it's worth, I thought you did a great job as Moderator, Miles. Thanks for your effort. Hope you still feel a part of the group and will contribute from time to time. You always had something worthwhile to say. We miss you!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If someone can please pass to Miles 'thank you' for a job well done! I know there are things that go on in the background that is unkonwn to the majority of us. This is by far one of the better fourms I've been a proud member of.

Again Miles thanks

ps...
I'd like to thank all of the moderators of this forum you work is truly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
tekhen said:
If someone can please pass to Miles 'thank you' for a job well done! I know there are things that go on in the background that is unkonwn to the majority of us. This is by far one of the better fourms I've been a proud member of.

Again Miles thanks

ps...
I'd like to thank all of the moderators of this forum you work is truly appreciated!!
It's already been done!!!!!!!!
:)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Oh My God! Miles is gone.

Dude. That sucks bad. He wished me a happy birthday :( LOL :) I thought he was a great guy and I will miss his helpful comments and contributions.
We miss you MILES! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I think this might be better off left alone...unless one of the parties actually involved wants to divulge info.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Billy94Z said:
So give us all of the details... What was the difference of opinion.
Basically it's not that big a deal. The forum owner wanted the forums run one way, Miles wanted them run another. They agreed to disagree and Miles stepped down. Not much to it really.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts