Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the correct amount and type Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5W20. In the Easter Egg I have low pressure at idle and lower than normal pressure at acceleration. No noise and this is a brand new(reman with a stronger oil pump from Powertrain) I have the part but cannot locate it,so far. Many posters state that after replacing this part they get a normal reading. I have a 7 year "No questions asked" warranty but I want to make sure I didn't miss the obvious. HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY! HELP! (my apologies to the Beatles)
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's above the oil filter. A "normal" warm idle oil pressure is a little above 20 PSI and cruise (depending on speed, engine and ambient temperatures) should be around 45-55 PSI. All 3 of my Hemi's (two 5.7's and one 6.1) run in this range. I have DashHawks on all 3 so I can monitor all engine and some transmission functions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're in front of engine its to the right of the alternator. Use a mirror or your phone and you should be able to view it from top. Not terribly hard just terribly hard to access. Just replaced mine about two weeks ago, took about a hour.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's easier to remove the oil filter for easier access.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts