Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 2010 300C 5.7 with MDS for about 3 weeks now and have been reading through some forum posts and looking at parts and have quickly figured out that it's a lot more complicated than my 97 Ram and much more expensive. I wanna start making some more power, nothing ridiculous for now, but really don't know where to start. I was wondering what I should do first, what kind of plugs do these engines like? What's a good tune? Thermostat change? Maybe some common issues or concerns I should correct first. I'd really like to eliminate the MDS and get some more throttle response out of it as well. Any help or tips would be appreciated, and if you guys know of any websites with good technical data or maybe where I could find a copy of the FSM to start to learn a bit more and get a better idea in my head that'd be cool too. Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Generally, the best bang for the buck mods you can do are:

1. Cold air intake
2. Freer flowing exhaust
3. A programmer - I'd also recommend a custom tune for some awesome results
4. A 180 deg F. thermostat

You can go to platinum plugs or some of the multiple tip units such as the E3 plugs but make sure they don't seat into the head farther than the stock copper plugs do. They can create some misfire issues.

Clean your throttle body & top end with some Seafoam intake cleaner. Keeping the throttle body clean will go a long way to solve stuttering, hesitation and general lack of throttle response.

Correct any other mechanical or electrical issues you know about. If you have a check engine light illuminated, deal with whatever is causing the fault(s).

Lastly, consider a drain/flush/refill of your coolant system, your transmission and your differential.

MDS can be turned off with a programmer and custom tune. Many here would recommend a Diablosport programmer (some models won't download custom tunes so make sure you get one that does) and a custom tune from Johan Mangs, the owner of DiabloToona. Here's a link to his website:

Diablotoona

Some folks also use Sean Powell aka, HemiFever. He did the tune on my Ram truck and I got impressive results with it. Here's a link:

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/

I have not seen an FSM online except for the subscription service offered by TechAuthority or manuals from eManualonline. I did manage to score a FSM in a .pdf format online some years ago for my 2006.

Have fun with the mods.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, I bought a Predator 2 tuner and installed a 180 degree Tstat on my days off. I'm just using the canned 91 oct tune that came with the Predator 2 until I get another paycheck but it has made a huge difference in the way the car drives and I'm loving it. My buddy recently bought a 2016 Mustang GT and we're going to run them at the drag strip next weekend and I know he's gonna gap me like crazy so I had to get somewhat competitive fast lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts