Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I have been reading more and more on these dang tie rods. When I hear what the symptoms of bad tie rods, I quickly understand that this is the problem with my car. I never drive the car, and maybe that is why I never really noticed it, but with the way my tires have worn and other things like that, I am quite sure this is what is going on.

Where can I buy new tie rods? Is this something that you can only buy from the dealership? I know that this is not under warranty (which I only have powertrain left on my car anyway) because my car has had 22's since the second day of buying and has been on lowering springs for around 20k miles and airbags for probably 30k miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, I want to take care of this asap because I have taken the air suspension off and going back with lowering springs and I am replacing everything that I can think of while the car is on jackstands.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey somebody on another site helped and said that autozone has the outer tie rod ends. Here is the part number #ES3571.

My question is, Are the tie rods the problem, or just the tie rod ends? Also, is it the inner or outer that is giving the problems?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this an easy install? I figure that I might as well do this because I have to get the car aligned anyway because of the new lowering springs that are going on my car.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bruno. I will have to get my suspension man to check everything out for me to determine what needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I know you posted at LXF, too. I just wanted to make sure you weren't going to purchase some parts that you might now need. I thought that particular thread had some great tips, photos, and videos to point things out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again bruno. I am just trying to knock out any possible thing that may be bad or go bad in the future while my car is up on jackstands awaiting my new shocks/ struts and bump steer bushings to come in. I figured for as cheap as the outer tie rod ends were, and depending on the inner, hell might as well nip it in the bud right now since I have to get the car aligned after getting the suspension put back together.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, I havent had a chance to check the car and havent looked much into finding the parts, but I am glad that napa has them, i think the closest carquest is a good drive for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just found out that the Moog Replacement Tie-rod is the same for a 2000 to 2004 Dodge Dakota. ES3571 Moog part. So if the don't have a listing for a 300c Have them look up the Dakota and it should pull it up. I have not found a cross ref for the inner tie rod yet.. This info came right off the federal Mogul website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found them at NAPA after having them installed by Chrysler. I looked and looked and couldn't find anyone that carried them, then my buddy at Chrysler told me that they had been on national back order due to so many problems. I wish I would have waited because the factory replacements don't have grease fittings, but the ones I found at NAPA do. $434 bucks later I find them, but I was in a pinch for time to get it done because I had over 1" of play each way on the passengers side and this is my wife's car that I tinker with and she drives 90miles round trip 5 days a week and it's hard to get time to work on it myself, but next time I know what to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts