Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tuner should be here tomorrow I was wondering what I should set my Rev limits at and when I replace my thermostat where I should put my fan Temps at?? and tell me what else I should change with my tuner. I have the InTune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dropped my fan temps 20 Degrees on everything. Kept stock shift points but made them firmer (which is my favorite Improvement). Disabled MDS. Im running the 91 Octane CAI Tune. (Just installed Legmaker Intake Last Night) I raised the speed limiter. That may be it.

Before tuning your vehicle. Make sure you plug the Intune Into a computer to get it updated. I did it twice to verify i had the latest update.

Make Sure your battery is charged in the car. Do not disconnect the Tuner until its everything is complete. Its VERY simple. Just take your time and never rush it.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Depends on what stat your running... 20 degs on a 180 is a large drop that could kill your highs fast... what tstat before that one can be answered!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Factory Thermostat is 203*. I dropped down to 180* and Diablesport said a good base is lowering fan speeds 20*. You dont have too. My car Running 194* in Fl with a 180* thermostat. If i run it hard, It may get to 199* with AC on. It used to Run 212* with stock thermostat.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't installed the 180 degree thermostat yet. I was wondering where the best place to set my fans were best for my car. and I want a firmer shift. I read somewhere about changing the shift points but never really looked into its benefits can somebody educate me on that? and what else am I missing that I should do with my tuner. change the speed limiter is one I go from above

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Factory Thermostat is 203*. I dropped down to 180* and Diablesport said a good base is lowering fan speeds 20*. You dont have too. My car Running 194* in Fl with a 180* thermostat. If i run it hard, It may get to 199* with AC on. It used to Run 212* with stock thermostat.
20 deg is an 'in general' for any platform, Diablo makes tuners, not tstats... 180 stat (186L/196M/H)...any lower and they will run constantly... honestly I would run 189/199 your ambient cruise temps with a 180 will be more like 186 anyway. I'm in SWFL... trust me...been down this road. Now running a 170...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in kansas. so it's not a hot as sw Florida but it gets pretty warm here. should I get a 170 degree t-stat?? I didn't even know they made 170's

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in kansas. so it's not a hot as sw Florida but it gets pretty warm here. should I get a 170 degree t-stat?? I didn't even know they made 170's

You can go to any Autozone and Get Thermostat 4127 (174*) or 4128 (180*) google those part numbers there are tons of threads about them. just did the swap myself.

I run 20* lower on the fan settings. My fans do NOT run all the time. Google around on the thermostat threads and you will see what others have done.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I'm running my fan settings at L-194, M-197, H-199 with a 180 thermostat.
You have no medium speed fan...if you do not set the ms to match the high or low you are getting mismanagement of the fans and will suffer failure or they simply won't turn on at all. :) This has been beaten to death and I'm still finding folks with ms fan settings!

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so put the MS as the same as either the low or high.... but is one way better than the other?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Same as low works on some cars, same as high on others... kinda a crap shoot... I'd do it the same as high first then let her run and make sure high fans engage at preset temps...if not then switch to same as low... :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
if I go with a 170 degree t-stat what should I set the fans at?

181/191... keep an eye on the highs and make sure they do turn off ay some point and arent over running...

As for the tuning... raise top speed limiter, increase shift pressure, leave the shift points if your stock but up your rev limiter slightly to avoid any limp mode issues, reset adaptives... other than that I would just say dont play with Knock sensors or fuel.trims unless you know what your doing and just upload your desired tune and go enjoy that thing! ;-)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I changed the shift firmness to intense (I believe that's what the option was) but got on the highway and made it to 135 (use to top out 120) but I didn't feel it shift once. It felt like I had harder shifts stock??? I changed my shift point to 6... should I change the idle Rev? and where should I change my Rev limit to? I also had questions about WOT fuel and WOT spark??? can somebody educate me on those. I didn't mess with them because I didn't know what they were but I'd like to learn

·
Registered
26 Posts
I changed the shift firmness to intense (I believe that's what the option was) but got on the highway and made it to 135 (use to top out 120) but I didn't feel it shift once. It felt like I had harder shifts stock??? I changed my shift point to 6... should I change the idle Rev? and where should I change my Rev limit to? I also had questions about WOT fuel and WOT spark??? can somebody educate me on those. I didn't mess with them because I didn't know what they were but I'd like to learn

I wouldnt mess with the WOT fuel or Spark unless you know what your doing. You should Contact Johan for a customer tune tailored to your car. Be-careful with those adjustments if you do. People have been known to hurt their car without appropriate knowledge.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I'm stupid when It comes to this kinda stuff but I think myself kinda a life genius so I never mess with things I don't know lol. I would have to log and stuff to get a custom tune? I don't think the InTune does that? how much does he usually run for custom tunes? maybe I'll get it for my birthday

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Errrrr...did you read my post above bro? Lol.. I said leave fuel and knock (timing) alone, leave shift points stock (you changed to 6k and your car loses power past 5700!) And increase the rev limiter a little too avoid limp issues as the new tune won't granny shift early 1-2 anymore and could limp out.. also raise stock speed limiter if you desire and increase shift points...

As for tunes... up to you, Johan it's awesome and he's worth every penny... email him and he will explain how to log and he will modify your tune a few times. Donation only, at least $100, I shoot him more by quite a bit and he treats me well...however I'm also an hour away from his back door and he dynos mine so now it's quite a bit more! Lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts