Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seen Kaiser Bill around the forum, hope all is well ?

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,928 Posts
If you look on KB's profile, you will see that he was last heard of 6 months ago.

There don't seem to be very many of us left on the UK/EU forum. Probably due to diminishing numbers of 300Cs on the road - there never were that many in the first place and no new ones being sold.

Thanks to the lockdown, I have only clocked up 29 miles since filling the tank at the beginning of March. I wonder if my insurer will offer a refund? I understand that some US insurers are considering this.

Every couple of weeks, I put the battery charger on and Chrysler have thoughtfully provided the necessary terminals in the engine compartment. When I told my neighbour (BMW owner) about this, he said that BMW expressly forbid the connection of a charger as it could damage the electrics and that only a dealer should do this. What a load of rubbish! His solution is to take the car for a lengthy drive every so often.

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does feel lonely these days and your totally right, there are not many left on the roads. I think the last we met was 2015 at Brooklands, which was awesone and then a final meet at Meguiars Headquarters, in 2016 I think? That's was the last 300cforums meet I believe although I think there may have been some mini meets at euronats.

I know Pat London died, he had the Matt black Chrysler, KB with the procharger SRT8, myself, yourself, IanF, Tim and Paul from customshop and I remember a few others but cannot recall their user names.

I'm still running the same motor which is still in great condition, except the wheels could do with a refurb. No plans in parting with it and i intend to keep her as I thoroughly enjoy the car.

Ignore your neighbours too. I recently had to charge my battery which is only 4 years old. It needed a trickle charge overnight, I left the charger set on slow charge and clamped directly onto the battery terminals with the harness intacted. In fact, my charger has a jump start facility, so it's no problem.

Anyway, nice too hear from you. Hope you are well and keeping safe.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,849 Posts
Agree there do seem to be fewer of us around these days though there are three 300c CRDs I see regularly here in Hertfordshire.

On the charging point above I believe you shouldn't keep a standard charger connected up with battery in the car, personally I have a CTEK (Link) connected to mine at the moment

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,928 Posts
I well remember the Brooklands event - happy days! I had previously attended the 2008 Chrysler meet, where I was the only 300C present and given pride of place within a display of vintage vehicles.

I also intend to hang on to the 300C for as long as possible; my other car is a 24 yr old Audi A4, 1.9TDi, still in pristine condition and hopefully with several more years of life in it.

Re charging: I use a vintage 6A charger that I originally purchased for my Hillman Imp. I don't leave it permanently connected, only for a few hours until 13.6V is reached.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think Facebook killed this off. I had trouble logging on and lost interest. Joined a FB page and didn't come back!
There was around 50cars at Brooklands in 18 or 19. The day before Mopar muscle show. I stayed over.
I used to see Steve G and Matrix on the A1 regularly. Sadly never got to meet them in person. Ray was another regular poster.
My car is still immaculate as I only use it in summer. 36000 miles from new in 07. Not short journeys just infrequently used!
I'm Simon btw

Reactions: dm575

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm still here, sold my old gen one tourer last July after six years of ownership and bought a 2013 gen two. The UK 300c Facebook site seems to be where its at these days, far less clunky to use than the 300c forum.

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still no news from KB, which is worrying.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,108 Posts
I think Facebook killed this off. I had trouble logging on and lost interest. Joined a FB page and didn't come back!
There was around 50cars at Brooklands in 18 or 19. The day before Mopar muscle show. I stayed over.
I used to see Steve G and Matrix on the A1 regularly. Sadly never got to meet them in person. Ray was another regular poster.
My car is still immaculate as I only use it in summer. 36000 miles from new in 07. Not short journeys just infrequently used!
I'm Simon btw
I remember some of Ray's posts, him and KB used to wind each other up! :)

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Good times seems a long time ago now. Wish i hadnt sold my SRT8 bad decision. Havent posted for many a moon. Doesnt seem to be to many of us originals around these days:cautious:

Reactions: Stef

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,928 Posts
Every couple of weeks, I put the battery charger on and Chrysler have thoughtfully provided the necessary terminals in the engine compartment. When I told my neighbour (BMW owner) about this, he said that BMW expressly forbid the connection of a charger as it could damage the electrics and that only a dealer should do this. What a load of rubbish! His solution is to take the car for a lengthy drive every so often.
I stand corrected on this!
I have since learned that a BMW ECU monitors and records battery charge/discharge history with the objective of optimising the charging cycle and extending battery life. This does seem like an unnecessary complication, but it would provide BMW with a let-out in the event of a battery warranty issue, if they discovered that an external charger had been used. Furthermore, any change of battery would need to be done by a dealer so they could reset the battery monitor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi guys,
I’m still around and still have my SRT8 but it’s no longer my daily driver. Just sitting on my drive with a dead battery.
Looking to rejuvenate it this summer with refurbished wheels and a wrap.
Matrix no longer has his C unfortunately and neither of us use the A1 anymore.
Hope all is well with everyone
Stay safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow a blast from the past, great to hear from Steve Gee 👍

Reactions: Steve Gee
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.