Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not seen Kaiser Bill around the forum, hope all is well ?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
If you look on KB's profile, you will see that he was last heard of 6 months ago.

There don't seem to be very many of us left on the UK/EU forum. Probably due to diminishing numbers of 300Cs on the road - there never were that many in the first place and no new ones being sold.

Thanks to the lockdown, I have only clocked up 29 miles since filling the tank at the beginning of March. I wonder if my insurer will offer a refund? I understand that some US insurers are considering this.

Every couple of weeks, I put the battery charger on and Chrysler have thoughtfully provided the necessary terminals in the engine compartment. When I told my neighbour (BMW owner) about this, he said that BMW expressly forbid the connection of a charger as it could damage the electrics and that only a dealer should do this. What a load of rubbish! His solution is to take the car for a lengthy drive every so often.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does feel lonely these days and your totally right, there are not many left on the roads. I think the last we met was 2015 at Brooklands, which was awesone and then a final meet at Meguiars Headquarters, in 2016 I think? That's was the last 300cforums meet I believe although I think there may have been some mini meets at euronats.

I know Pat London died, he had the Matt black Chrysler, KB with the procharger SRT8, myself, yourself, IanF, Tim and Paul from customshop and I remember a few others but cannot recall their user names.

I'm still running the same motor which is still in great condition, except the wheels could do with a refurb. No plans in parting with it and i intend to keep her as I thoroughly enjoy the car.

Ignore your neighbours too. I recently had to charge my battery which is only 4 years old. It needed a trickle charge overnight, I left the charger set on slow charge and clamped directly onto the battery terminals with the harness intacted. In fact, my charger has a jump start facility, so it's no problem.

Anyway, nice too hear from you. Hope you are well and keeping safe.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Agree there do seem to be fewer of us around these days though there are three 300c CRDs I see regularly here in Hertfordshire.

On the charging point above I believe you shouldn't keep a standard charger connected up with battery in the car, personally I have a CTEK (Link) connected to mine at the moment

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I well remember the Brooklands event - happy days! I had previously attended the 2008 Chrysler meet, where I was the only 300C present and given pride of place within a display of vintage vehicles.

I also intend to hang on to the 300C for as long as possible; my other car is a 24 yr old Audi A4, 1.9TDi, still in pristine condition and hopefully with several more years of life in it.

Re charging: I use a vintage 6A charger that I originally purchased for my Hillman Imp. I don't leave it permanently connected, only for a few hours until 13.6V is reached.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Thanks to the lockdown, I have only clocked up 29 miles since filling the tank at the beginning of March. I wonder if my insurer will offer a refund? I understand that some US insurers are considering this.
My insurer, Hastings, has offered a refund based on reduced mileage anticipated.

Still no news of KB.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think Facebook killed this off. I had trouble logging on and lost interest. Joined a FB page and didn't come back!
There was around 50cars at Brooklands in 18 or 19. The day before Mopar muscle show. I stayed over.
I used to see Steve G and Matrix on the A1 regularly. Sadly never got to meet them in person. Ray was another regular poster.
My car is still immaculate as I only use it in summer. 36000 miles from new in 07. Not short journeys just infrequently used!
I'm Simon btw

Reactions: dm575

·
Registered
262 Posts

I'm still here and just over 11 years of ownership. Just creeping up to 90K and running great. Used some of this lockdown time to get the machine polisher out and shine her up a bit :) :cool:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm still here, sold my old gen one tourer last July after six years of ownership and bought a 2013 gen two. The UK 300c Facebook site seems to be where its at these days, far less clunky to use than the 300c forum.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no news from KB, which is worrying.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
I think Facebook killed this off. I had trouble logging on and lost interest. Joined a FB page and didn't come back!
There was around 50cars at Brooklands in 18 or 19. The day before Mopar muscle show. I stayed over.
I used to see Steve G and Matrix on the A1 regularly. Sadly never got to meet them in person. Ray was another regular poster.
My car is still immaculate as I only use it in summer. 36000 miles from new in 07. Not short journeys just infrequently used!
I'm Simon btw
I remember some of Ray's posts, him and KB used to wind each other up! :)

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Good times seems a long time ago now. Wish i hadnt sold my SRT8 bad decision. Havent posted for many a moon. Doesnt seem to be to many of us originals around these days:cautious:

Reactions: Stef

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'm still hanging in there. Still have my 300c, although the front suspension is in bits sat the moment.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Every couple of weeks, I put the battery charger on and Chrysler have thoughtfully provided the necessary terminals in the engine compartment. When I told my neighbour (BMW owner) about this, he said that BMW expressly forbid the connection of a charger as it could damage the electrics and that only a dealer should do this. What a load of rubbish! His solution is to take the car for a lengthy drive every so often.
I stand corrected on this!
I have since learned that a BMW ECU monitors and records battery charge/discharge history with the objective of optimising the charging cycle and extending battery life. This does seem like an unnecessary complication, but it would provide BMW with a let-out in the event of a battery warranty issue, if they discovered that an external charger had been used. Furthermore, any change of battery would need to be done by a dealer so they could reset the battery monitor.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
When it's not being used, I've had my 300c more or less permanently booked up to a cheap battery conditioner for the last 7 years or so without any issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts