Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,531 Posts
Back to the original post above. Has anyone heard from Kaiser Bill? He doesn't seem to have been active for a year+

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
882 Posts
Hi guys,
I’m still around and still have my SRT8 but it’s no longer my daily driver. Just sitting on my drive with a dead battery.
Looking to rejuvenate it this summer with refurbished wheels and a wrap.
Matrix no longer has his C unfortunately and neither of us use the A1 anymore.
Hope all is well with everyone
Stay safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good to see you are still around Steve!

I miss the get together we all used to have at the pod.

Stef

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Still alive, still have the SRT8. Sitting on the drive, trickle charging like 90% of cars in lockdown. I have a 50s VW camper which takes most of my time, and the 300 has some weird electrical fault which throws faults on the bus…..I’m homing in on the tranzformer gearshift gizmo as possible culprit…. When I get a minute, I’ll pull it and see. Basically I get an airbag and esp light, the front windows opwont wind, and all the stalks won’t respond….. anyway, nice to see you love me! LoL

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,749 Posts
Good to hear from you, KB! Very few of the old-timers still around.
I am also a "lockdown" owner - fewer than 1000 miles between MOTs and most of my attention to the CRD involves washing and battery maintenance. Looking for something to do the other day, I decided to replace the batteries in the key fobs as they had only been replaced once in nearly 15 yrs. First time I have been able to buy Chrysler spares from Waitrose!
With regard to your multiple electrical faults, there was a recent post which identified a faulty HID translator module as the culprit. It only takes one module on the canbus to screw up many others.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Great to hear from KB :) Some of us old timers are still here. Try disconnecting the HID transducer next to the windscreen washer bottle and also unplug the remote start module, see if it helps.

Nothing to report on my part, my car is still running. I do have a new addition to family though, AMG E63. Here's a pic
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Reactions: devilmaycare

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Ok….so I tried the headlamp level module…. Nope, still have no front windows, horn, wipers, indicators, heated seats, etc etc, plus airbag light and stability control light
……..however, watch this vid….it’s a different model Chrysler, but wow! The faults look identical, and he traces it reasonably easily …… my project over the next day or two!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok….so I tried the headlamp level module…. Nope, still have no front windows, horn, wipers, indicators, heated seats, etc etc, plus airbag light and stability control light
……..however, watch this vid….it’s a different model Chrysler, but wow! The faults look identical, and he traces it reasonably easily …… my project over the next day or two!
VERY interesting video!!

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,749 Posts
That mechanic certainly knew his stuff! However, he was well equipped with some good diagnostic gear, including detailed wiring diagrams and locations of wiring harnesses and relevant ground connections. He was quite adept at removing and inspecting the suspect power module and the headlamp assembly for gaining access to the suspect chassis ground connection.

What I learned from this was that multiple electrical faults can be caused by a single ground connection failure and the best place to start looking is the easiest affected component to test - in this case the horn.

What is of concern, is that modern cars have so much wiring, relays and connectors to go wrong, but often it can turn out to be something really basic - like a ground connection.

Another thought: Many of the problems with our cars tend to be of an electrical nature, so the solution is to ban IC engines and go 100% electric?

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
KB, did you fix it?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts